Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Concered about late stage lyme  (Read 77 times)

Offline TheLastSpartan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Concered about late stage lyme
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:52:39 AM »
I don't recall when (at LEAST 7+years ago though) I got bit by a tick and didn't have any tests, and I don't recall getting sick or getting a rash. I just saw something on *****, one of those viral shared stories about a mother whos son got bit. It worries me now because lately I've had a lot of weight loss, but I don't eat enough and my full time job is unloading trucks at walmart. And I've had 2 blood tests in the past few years taken for other things and they turned out normal. Blood pressure was normal at last doctor visit a few months ago.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Concered about late stage lyme
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:08:20 AM »
hey there,

okay two or three things....

1.  be very, very, VERY careful what sites you look on about Lyme.  Frankly, some of these groups are absolutely  ;*) B-; :sprachlos020:  and really should not be trusted.    I am not kidding. okay?

2.  my youngest had Lyme.  It was dx'd probably 6 months after she was infected.  I say probably because we never saw a tick or the rash.  BUT she presented with severe joint pain.  this got us to the pediatrician.  we weren't even thinking lyme at the time.  doc ran a load of blood work.  several tests came back abnormal---platelets, sed rate, ana, cmp and one other.    this got us to a rheumy.  rheumy told us in 25yrs of practice abnormal tests like this always mean something.  She was tested for lyme and with symptoms and abnormal inflammation factors she was dx'd.    she has been treated and we have moved on.

3.  I have a friend who was infected in 2001.  she, I believe, had neg lyme  BUT  I think she was tested too early.  lyme tests will be neg, often, if done before your body produces anti-bodies.   so she ended not being treated.    By 2004 or 2005, for sure, she was having very severe physical stuff. I mean she was going to docs.  docs were saying something is wrong, but it took a few more years before she was officially dx'd with advanced Lyme. 

so what does that mean to you?  It means you are functioning waaaaaaaaay too well to have advanced Lyme disease.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline TheLastSpartan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:14:56 AM »
I've also read it can lay dormant, dunno how true it is. Hearin that though makes me feel a bit better ll
uckily. It just seems every time I get over fearing I have something, a new one pops up! Arghh
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 11:24:47 AM »
I've also read it can lay dormant, dunno how true it is. Hearin that though makes me feel a bit better ll
uckily. It just seems every time I get over fearing I have something, a new one pops up! Arghh

don't go on Lyme disease sites.  many are full of conspiracies and misinformation
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline TheLastSpartan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »
Duly noted!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: