Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety = Speech Issues?  (Read 184 times)

Offline dexterr02

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety = Speech Issues?
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:51:57 AM »
Can this extreme anxiety affect your speech? Like difficulty speaking and some thoughts in your mind that you dont want to come out is just spitting out? This is happening to me for the past few days. My singing voice is also messed up like a shaky and not in toned sound. Is this caused by anxiety? Im freaking out right now.

ps
i also find that i have  sort of difficulty writing words or my lettering is messed up a little. Im kinda scared. I have BT fears btw.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dexterr02

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety = Speech Issues?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:58:56 AM »
also my guitar skills are kinda messed up too like i cant concentrate on that. everythings just messed up. i cant focus on two things at the same time. its hard for me to concentrate
Bookmark and Share

Offline dexterr02

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:01:26 AM »
im so obsessed with brain tumour thoughts like every single day 24/7 ive been thinking about it. Im a hypochondriac man
Bookmark and Share

Offline dexterr02

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 11:52:43 AM »
anyone? :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 04:39:28 PM »
Hi Dexter,

I'm sorry that nobody replied to your post. But I'll try and add my two cents to see if it comforts you in anyway.

I don't think that anxiety causes speech issues - per se (however I am no medical expert) but what I do know is that anxiety causes you to overthink and worry about everything, and when your brain isn't 100% focusing on a task and you have other things going on in the back of your mind it will cause you to falter in your speech. Example: If I'm trying to speak, even if just to someone I'm close with me and I'm worried or panicked I will constantly fumble over my words or pause in-between what I'm saying or just even "zone out", sometimes I will even forget what I'm trying to say. The shakiness that you describe is also something I've experienced.
If you're so worried about anxiety/panic it makes it hard to focus on something else - so naturally it will be more of a challenge to speak "correctly" and even write "correctly" if you understand what I mean?

I truly don't believe you have a brain tumour, actually I'm 100% sure that you don't. Try to completely relax before you start signing or focus on your speaking/writing when you're in a calmer state and see how much of a difference there is!

Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 27
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 08:35:26 PM »
Yes, anxiety can cause speech issues.  It can cause a tightening of mouth muscles, analysis of functions you do naturally, overthinking, dry mouth all of which can alter speech.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Tags: