Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ughhhhh why?  (Read 126 times)

Offline wheelie19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ughhhhh why?
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:21:01 AM »
So here's the deal. I'm annoyed. Tired. Stressed. In pain.

I was put on Sertraline on June 17th and was on stress leave for three weeks. Sertraline was working. OCD symptoms were MUCH better. I felt hopeful, and better than I had in probably two years.

Then I went back to work and was okay for a few weeks. Then I started feeling stressed again. I work in a call centre. Targets are important. Cold calling is a part of my everyday.  I constantly worry about getting fired because what if I say the wrong thing to a customer? It has been worse since I planned a trip to Florida and it requires funding, obviously. My doctor has upped my dose of Sertraline from 50mg to 75mg.

Then tonight, I started stressing because I put my waterski in the bag while it was still damp and now I'm scared, I'm going to have a mouldy ski that I can't afford to replace!   

Sorry I like needed to vent. People keep to telling me to "just get over it."
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ughhhhh why?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 05:15:57 AM »
Most of the stress it would appear you are bringing on yourself. Like at work. I can see no reason why they should fire you. You have lasted this long in the job. So you must be good at what you do. This is something you have to begin to tell yourself. Have some belief in yourself. I am sure you do a great job. Or else they would have fired you long before now. As for the ski. I assume you took it back out once you noticed it was wet and dried it off? I am sure it would take a bit more than that to get mouldy. You can learn from that one. I bet you never do it again. Just try and relax yourself up. Let life happen. That way you can learn to enjoy it a lot more.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline wheelie19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ughhhhh why?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:17:39 AM »
That is very true.  But it's not rational stress and that's the tough part.  Example - Mom checked ski. Ski is good and she left the bag open in case there are those couple drops of water.  I'm still stressing.   If it were rational, it'd be better.I think probably that with things at work changing, I am under more stress. There are minimum standards being imposed and if you don't reach them, well apparently you're fired. I do know I have to learn to just kind of let life happen, but it's tricky.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: