Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Frequent urination...again :(  (Read 153 times)

Offline aliasporci

• Rec's: 0
  • Ad astra per alias porci
    • Poke This Member
Frequent urination...again :(
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:02:02 PM »
So it's always one thing or another, right?
A couple of months ago I dealed with what it seemed to be an UTI, even tough I never was completely sure it was an UTI. I took a course of antibiotics and it didn't seem to clear it up, so I was sent for an urine test and an ultrasound. Everything came back fine, and the symptoms eventually faded away. And now, on monday, I started with the very same annoying symptoms again! It doesn't hurt or burn to pee, but I have to sit in the toilet again five minutes after being there. Besides, there's also this annoying itchiness all over my body. I'm planning to have another urine test tomorrow, because I really don't want to take antibiotics if it isn't necessary.
I feel helpless again
 :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
Keep on walking through the darkest of nights...

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Frequent urination...again :(
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:40:36 PM »
When I am under stress, sick or am cold, I urinate frequently.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:51:42 PM »
It's part of the fight or flight response our bodies have when feeling threatened. Unfortunately, anxiety confuses the body into thinking it's threatened and thus the urge to evacuate (liquid or solid). You may not even feel anxious when this happens but your mind or body is reacting to something or something.

As an example, our cat is like this. He loves to travel, ride in the car etc. BUT... his first response is fight or flight. We keep his litter box in the back seat. We're in the truck no more than 10 minutes and he's in there doing his business. the rest of the trip he's cool, looking out he window or chilled out on on of our laps. Although he truly enjoys going with us, he initially reacts to the change of environment as a threat.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Lalaland

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 11:54:20 PM »
It could be related to your menstrual cycle.

Us women tend to retain a lot of fluid during certain weeks of our cycle, and then the week before (or thereabouts) we lose a lot of the fluid we have retained all month. It's partially why our weight fluctuates so much around different times of the month as well.

It took me YEARS to realise that I always have to urinate more the week before my period. Maybe keep an eye on that for a while and see if you get it at the same point every month?
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 06:59:21 AM »
I went through this a couple years ago as I was entering menopause. It can be caused by low estrogen - you didn't say how old you are - could this be a possibility? If so, it's worth a trip to the gynecologist. They can usually tell if there's an issue just by looking.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fmfdoc

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 07:06:53 AM »
I urinate more when I am going through stress and anxiety. Also when I drink more fluids or anything with Caffeine. A simple urine test could put your mind at ease if neccessary
Bookmark and Share

Offline Coreen15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 07:44:50 AM »
Drink lots of cranberry juice which will help clear up a UTI if that's what it is. I had one when I was pregnant and drank cranberry juice. By the end of the day it went away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »
I started getting this related to my menstrual cycle several years ago. It gets worse when I get near my period or ovulation and goes away when I'm mid-cycle. I've been tested for UTIs so many times and they rarely turn up.

Like Lalaland said - try charting your symptoms for a month or two to see if the frequent urination corresponds to your menstrual cycle. (I actually started doing this for all of my symptoms a few years ago and you wouldn't believe how many things are connected to hormones.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
I've been going thru this and have seen the doc many times for suspected UTI's.  Always pressure but no pain on 'going', etc.

Yesterday someone on the forum said they always Google like this......  Anxiety and .........   (fill in the blank).  I did that with urinary pressure, uti, frequency, etc. and this is a sign of anxiety AND can be caused by constipation.

I was having the pressure yesterday, ate 5 Fig Newtons, cleaned myself out and the sensation disappeared immediately.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: