Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Biopsy of mole  (Read 260 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Biopsy of mole
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:52:29 PM »
Hi all! I went to a dermatologist today for a body check and surprisingly he biopsied a mole from my arm. I have been so obsessed with figuring out why I have fasiculations and chest pain, that I guess I've been neglecting upkeep of other stuff. Total wake up call and I'm glad I went. He said it was a 6 mm mole and different colors in it. And it was right on my arm and I didn't even realize it.  I really don't think it's of any concern, though. Biopsy takes 1-2 weeks to get back. I also got melasma on my face.  I just can't beleive I overlooked that. Well I'm glad I went. The funny thing was, he says I need to biopsy that and I didn't even care, the only thing I care about really is how to make the fasics and other weird stuff stop (of course I don't even mention I get fasics or anything else)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Biopsy of mole
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:38:44 PM »
Health anxiety can be very selective. I hope you feel better soon.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:00:49 AM »
Thanks! Yeah it definitely is selective in my case. I just still do not beleive that anxiety is the cause of the fasics and chest pain. My doc said I have costochondriitis  but I still think something else is going on along with that, not my heart or lungs, but I think my nervous system or muscles in my chest don't operate properly, just like how I've had body wide fasics for 18 months, I think it's all tied together
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »
6 mm isn't even a centimeter, so that's not actually that big. And the fact that you got melasma makes it possible that the mole was caused by hormones. I got a few moles like that during my 20s and 30s - also multicolored. Some turned out mildly dysplastic and some were totally normal... my derm told me they were hormonal moles and she saw them a lot in her female patients. Hang in there - it's probably going to be just fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »
Thanks I'm 36 so not getting any younger lol! Also lately I have been having this feeling like something is pushing on my throat, so I googled where I feel it and it is right where the thyroid gland is located, and it feels a bit swollen compared to the other side. I wonder if it's a thyroid nodule? Last night I kept waking up because I felt like I was choking and all day today it just felt uncomfortable, I hope it goes away soon... It just feels swollen
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 11:43:55 PM »
If your doctors are like mine, they'll start checking your thyroid every time you come in for a check-up. I've also felt the throat thing - it turns out I have some anxiety/acid reflux-related tightness in mine - but my thyroid is okay so far. From what I understand, thyroid nodules can be felt from the outside - if you feel pressure inside, it's probably just tightness.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 05:18:09 AM »
thanks guys! yeah i want to get my thyroid checked but then on the other hand i feel i should wait it out and see if it goes away. I work in gastroenterology and ive been having some throat probs for a while now but past few days it's gotten worse, which makes me more anxious, also had my period, and everything including my feelings are out of control during that time, which they never used to be... I hate it! I turned 35 and everything just started to go downhill lol for joy for joy! but anyways i tried dexilant for a month, didn't notice anything, the doc i work with said it doesn't sound like GERD or reflux at all and i went to my pcp who said i have classic costochondritis, but i neglected to say anything was going on with my throat because at that time i just thought it was nothing. It doesn't feel on the inside, it feels on the outside, like something is blocking me from swallowing properly and breathing correctly. On the left side of my throat, and it feels a little swollen compared to the right. I wondered if it got worse because of the anesthetic they used to biopsy the mole on my arm, like a allergic reaction or side effect? I was nervous yesterdya because it felt like my throat was closing up. Today so far it feels a lot better. My hip is killing me now. I have chronic bilateral outer hip pain for about a year now. Last night my right hip was throbbing so bad when i was in bed, today it hurts to touch it and i am limping again. My guess is since it hurts to touch, its the outer hip, but no redness, i think it is trochanteric pain, probably tendonitis along that way somewhere. It is so painful. I don't think bursitis because it isn't red and no swelling or heat. I seem to get tendonitis in my body all the time for no reason. My sister has hashimoto thyroiditis which is autoimmune and she also has undifferentiated connective tissue disorder, i think i have something going on to but i dont know what. It took my sister 7 years to figure out what is going on, and all the doctors she saw always said its all in your head, its stress, its anxiety, blah blah blah which is what i experience, which is why i dont like to go to the doctor. My labs have always been normal but the biopsy of my small bowel in the differential was celiac disease, systemic autoimmune disorder, hashimoto thyroiditis, rheum arthritis. BUt my labs a few years ago do not indicated i have any of those things. So i just gave up
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 10:50:35 AM »
Strange how anxiety works isn't it?   I have a lot of moles and I'm supposed to be really vigilant about monitoring them for signs of change, etc. because I'm at a higher risk for skin cancer, yes skin cancer seems to be one of the extremely few things I obsess over thinking I have or will have.    I too finally went to a skin doctor recently and had her look at a couple on my back that my Primary Doctor thought should be checked, they did a biopsy and they came back as atypical so now I have to go back and get the rest of them removed so I'm glad I did go and get it taken care of but I still think it's almost funny how my anxiety doesn't worry about the one thing i'm most susceptible to.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 12:29:12 PM »
livelaughlove - Anxiety (and LPR, for that matter) can cause throat tightness that can cause things to feel swollen on the exterior of your throat. I had to go through vocal therapy for the tightness while I was getting my LPR controlled and it's still an issue. The slight size difference might also just be a quirk of your body that you never noticed before.

jjZauis - Same here. My mom's side of the family is prone to Type 2 diabetes. I have early sugar metabolism issues, and yet I never worry about diabetes. Granted I do watch my sugar and try to exercise, but still... you would think I'd be testing my blood sugar every minute.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: