Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How do u handle this?  (Read 58 times)

Offline Lam123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How do u handle this?
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:43:09 PM »
I am having MS fears big time. I have numbness and tingling in my hands, I have been to a neurologist already a year ago. How do you deal with this? Other then running to the dr all the time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How do u handle this?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:00:05 PM »
I am having MS fears big time. I have numbness and tingling in my hands, I have been to a neurologist already a year ago. How do you deal with this? Other then running to the dr all the time.

Dealing with your anxiety I assume?

First and probably the most important thing. Stop Googling. No more Googling. It only arms you anxiety with shiny new weapons to pummel you with.

Second, keep active, do things. If its something you cant do all the time fine, but make it something you will think about all the time. For example, I started playing Golf. I never much liked the sport but I am so bad at it and it requires so much of my concentration I dont have time for anything else. Plus it takes 4 hours out of a day and with all the walking and concentrating I am quite tired after it. Then for the rest of the week I can think about the mistakes I made and how to correct them.

Third. Accept you have anxiety. I know it seems silly but you arent accepting it if you think you have MS. When you accept you have anxiety you will be able to differentiate your symptoms as not a life threatening illness but simply caused by anxiety. So Chest pains are no longer heart attacks, its anxiety and so on.

Doing those three things helped me alot. Its not instantaneous and sometimes I relapse and will google something and it will put me right back at the start and I have to climb back out of it.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Tags: