Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Well Summer is Over........And We're Still Alive????  (Read 225 times)

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
Well Summer is Over........And We're Still Alive????
« on: September 02, 2014, 07:16:17 PM »
This summer was flat out rough - there's no sugar coating it. I've met so many amazing people here on AZ and learned so much about so many people who are individually struggling with their own journeys. If I've learned anything from being on Anxiety Zone it's that so many of us face multiple different obstacles in life aside from our anxiety. A lot of people on this website may think of themselves as weak or incapable - and afraid, but I want you all to know that you guys are some of the strongest people I've ever met. The way everybody struggles but also does their best to help others is absolutely incredible. None of you guys are weak and I know that everyone single one of you - myself included can beat this.

I've heard so many people over the summer say they were going to die. Multiple times actually.....but guys it's September and we're all still here. To me if anything that just proves that we've all worried for months and months about something that never happened to us at all.

I had a really good talk with my mom yesterday about my fears, and how I'm so afraid of suddenly dying that I incessantly worry about it and this is what she said to me -
"In life everybody has a ticket. You are born with this invisible ticket that nobody can see and you can never find out what your invisible ticket says, but the ticket is most certainly there. Everyones ticket ends at some point, nobody knows when it's going to happen so it doesn't do anyone any good worrying about it. Some people's tickets are up at 6 years old, some peoples tickets are up at 16 years old and some peoples tickets are up 90 years old. My grandmother smoked multiple times everyday since she was sixteen years old and lived well into her nineties and died of old age (natural causes), my cousin was an olympic athlete - one of the healthiest and fit women I've ever met in my entire life and one night she had a couple drinks but wasn't drunk and jumped off the diving board into the swimming pool, somehow hit her head and died instantly. A tragic horrible accident, but her ticket was up. I've known people who take exceptional care of their bodies health and fitness and died of cancer or a heart attack, and I've known people who never really exercised or watched what they've eaten and lived long and full lives. Nobody knows when their ticket is up, all you can do is enjoy your life."

I need you all to know that yes we suffer from horrible debilitating anxiety but we are SO much more than our anxiety and the less we think about it the less power we give it. We can overcome this and the first step is stop being so afraid all the time (I know this is much easier said than done) but really we need to fill our life with meaningful days and use our time proactively. The busier we keep ourselves the less time we have to worry about being scared. I hope you all are doing well today.

Brittany
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Well Summer is Over........And We're Still Alive????
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:19:41 PM »
A lot of people on this website may think of themselves as weak or incapable - and afraid, but I want you all to know that you guys are some of the strongest people I've ever met.

This reminds me of a quote I read by a psychologist who helps clinically depressed people, cant remember their name. They basically said that (excuse the paraphrasing); People who come looking for help are not weak, they are among the strongest people you will ever meet. They have just been backed into and caught in a corner for so long and cant find a way to fight their way out. They don't come looking for a hand up, or an easy answer, they come looking for anything to use to fight their way out. They do all the fighting, all I am doing is handing out sticks."

And yes I am still alive. Great success!

Oh and another great quote; "Anxiety comes not from not knowing the future, but trying to control it"
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline StrawberryCraze91

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:30:48 PM »
In all honesty I'm shocked.  I was sure I would have some horrible disease by now.
Bookmark and Share
Pslam 56:3
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 10:23:47 PM »
I still have one week left on my N fowleri countdown, I kid, I kid. :laugh3:

Nice post. Thanks for sharing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caroline1902

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:51:16 PM »
Thank you for this! I found your words very comforting.

Every time I hear about a car or freak accident on the news, I wonder if that person feared cancer the way I do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fordaisy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 11:41:07 PM »
Well said Brittany. You are wise beyond your years, and I might add that is many more years to come.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:33:02 PM »
Thanks Brittany. The title alone made me giggle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 04:29:30 PM »
Well said Brittany. You are wise beyond your years, and I might add that is many more years to come.

Thank you so much Daisy, you're a wonderful person and have always been too kind. Meeting you on AZ zone has been one of the benefits. You are always so quick to offer your support and kind words. Thank you for the countless times you've been there for me and checked up on how I'm doing.
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."

Offline brittanyborg

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 04:30:19 PM »
Thanks Brittany. The title alone made me giggle.

Hahah  :yes: I thought it was funny because so many of us have sworn this summer would be our last and that we were dying, yet everyone who ever said it is still right here! It shows that we're all fighters and if anyone can beat it - it's us!
Bookmark and Share

Offline richm66

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 04:57:12 PM »
Brittany,

That was very well said.   I am fighting it hard these last few weeks.  I have been real low.   I am going to start up with another psychologist for therapy.  My mind needs to get refocused on the positives so that I can start living and not worrying all the time.  too much energy wasted on that.

But reading you post was a bright spot to my day.

Thanks - Rich
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 05:00:22 PM »
Brittany,

That was very well said.   I am fighting it hard these last few weeks.  I have been real low.   I am going to start up with another psychologist for therapy.  My mind needs to get refocused on the positives so that I can start living and not worrying all the time.  too much energy wasted on that.

But reading you post was a bright spot to my day.

Thanks - Rich

Rich,

You have the perfect attitude. Focus on the positives so that you can continue on with living your life and not worrying all the time because we do truly waste too much energy on that. I'm glad that my post was a bright spot for you. That was my intention from the beginning.
I'm glad you're going to start up with another psychologist, please keep us updated on how it goes for you.

Britt
Bookmark and Share

Tags: