Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I don't know how much longer I can take this!! :(  (Read 139 times)

Offline Courtney09011

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I don't know how much longer I can take this!! :(
« on: September 02, 2014, 06:31:49 PM »
Ok so I've posted a couple of times already and you all have been a big help but I need help once again! This past week has been absolutely horrible. The first day I went to bed had a abnormal feeling but thought nothing of it and went to bed. I woke up and it was still there which caused me to spiral into a pit of anxiety and dread. One of my hallmark symptoms of anxiety is nausea which caused me to be unable to eat and therefore made me extremely dehydrated and malnourished, which then put me in the er. They did tests said everything was normal through the tests they did so I was sent home. I started getting a really strange feeling in my pinky as though it wasn't there this has lasted a while and now in that same arm I'm feeling really weak. I can't even sit at the computer and type without my arm getting tired! As if that's not enough all 4 of my limbs have a constant buzzing feeling! I'm extra worried because I don't currently have a GP due to insurance reasons. Help what is wrong with me!!! :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
i understand your anxiety! I've been there and am there right now! Feel free to PM me if you need someone who understands!

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this!! :(
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »
you asked:    Help what is wrong with me!!   

courtney---  you have an anxiety disorder.   this is causing your mind to run in circles.  this causes your nervous system to be hyper excitable---which causes strange sensations---including limbs, fingers, toes, etc to feel weird.  it causes twitching, tingling, buzzing, burning, prickly feelings, itchiness, crawly feelings, cramps, hot flushes or cold flushes, limbs fall asleep easier, feeling weak, jelly like legs, arms/legs feeling tired worn out.

how do I know?  I've had every darn one of those things.  and I've seen many, many people over the last 5+ yrs on this site worrying themselves to pieces over the same things.

you can believe me or not.  however whether you do or not does NOT change why this is happening to you.  You have an anxiety disorder that has gone VERY physical on you.

the big thing you have to do is decide how you want to deal with all of this. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 06:57:01 PM »
Hi Courtney,

I was looking at your past posts, have you ever been officially diagnosed with Panic Disorder? or any other condition by a doctor?

You ended up in ER? - I hate ER's  :sick0002:

Just from reading your first post, I can personally relate to many of these anxiety issues, I had them for 13 years - before, finally getting them resolved, but I had to take action and make myself do things - I was terrified to do ::)

Are you currently at a point, where you want to see a doctor? - and willing to take medication prescribed by a doctor, if needed , to control this anxiety disorder?  And later, to get involved in self-therapy CBT to help yourself, (there are many free resources) or excellent workbooks on Amazon to make a complete recovery?

As far, as cost of GP doctors and lack of insurance, depending on your state, there are many programs to get affordable care. :yes:

We are all here cheering for you to get better...  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

ďYou canít live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline Courtney09011

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 07:01:10 PM »
Thanks for your reply, last night I tried to distract myself I went for a walk with the hubby, watched a movie, went on FaceTime with my mom, etc. it helped but didn't go away. I'm not sleeping well and I'm being woken up by panic! Also what sucks is my husband works so much so I'm alone at home 90% of the time with just my thoughts and the Internet (which per your advice I've been getting better at but it's like an addiction!) 
Bookmark and Share
i understand your anxiety! I've been there and am there right now! Feel free to PM me if you need someone who understands!

Offline Courtney09011

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »
And never quit I have never been diagnosed but I've been to therapy that just didn't work I don't think it was the right fit. I would love to get on some meds if I could get into a dr. But I was told that could take weeks :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:07:43 PM »
And never quit I have never been diagnosed but I've been to therapy that just didn't work I don't think it was the right fit. I would love to get on some meds if I could get into a dr. But I was told that could take weeks :(

Please make that appointment ASAP - also, ask your doctor if you could call them in the morning for any cancellations - you would be surprised how quickly they will get you in, if you show initiative to see the doctor... :yes:

Make sure to let us know we you are scheduled with your first doctor's appointment - for moral support... :action-smiley-065:

Here is some materials that you will want to print and fill-out and take it with you to your doctor's visit, this will help maximize the "15 minute" Dr. Visit.

Solid and helpful information and even a self-test quiz, VERY HELPFUL when I speak to my dr. - I would have printouts of my symptoms and self-quiz to help my doctor point me in the right directions - here are some great links to get you started :grinning-smiley-003:

SELF-DIAGNOSIS AND SELF-TESTS

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHpanic.pdf - PANIC DISORDER + SELF-TEST
                                            I have chest pains or a racing heart.  I have a hard time breathing or a choking feeling.
                                            I feel dizzy, or I sweat a lot.  I have stomach problems or feel like I need to throw up.
                                            I shake, tremble, or tingle. I feel out of control. I feel unreal.
                                            I am afraid I am dying or going crazy.

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHgad.pdf  -  GAD anxiety + SELF-TEST
                                            I never stop worrying about things big and small. I have headaches and other aches and pains for no reason.
                                            I am tense a lot and have trouble relaxing. I have trouble keeping my mind on one thing.
                                            I have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. I sweat and have hot flashes.
                                            I sometimes have a lump in my throat or feel like I need to throw up when I am worried

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHdepwomenknows.pdf - DEPRESSION + SELF-TEST
                                            Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood. Loss of interest or pleasure in activities, including sex.
                                            Restlessness, irritability, or excessive crying. Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness, hopelessness,.
                                            Sleeping too much or too little, early-morning awakening.  Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating / weight gain
                                            Decreased energy, fatigue, feeling "slowed down"
                                            Thoughts of death or taking one's own life. Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions.
                                            Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, - headaches, digestive disorders, chronic pain

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHocd.pdf - OCD + SELF-TEST
                                            I have upsetting thoughts or images enter my mind again and again.
                                            I feel like I canít stop these thoughts or images, even though I want to.
                                            I have a hard time stopping myself from doing things again : counting, checking on things, washing hands.
                                            I am Re-arranging objects, doing things until it feels right, collecting useless objects
                                            I worry a lot about terrible things that could happen if Iím not careful.
                                            I have unwanted urges to hurt someone but know I never would.

You have a bright Future waiting for you!   :nature-smiley-016:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

ďYou canít live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: