Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety medicine  (Read 762 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety medicine
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 06:35:16 AM »
Thank you so much!  That was very informative!  I really appreciate it. 
After many times of starting and stopping, I think it's obvious to myself that I'll be one of those who need medicine for the rest of my life.  But that brings me back to my anxiety.  I'm only 33.  That's a long time.  And there's no proof that it would cause damage to your body by taking it for so many years continuously?  I prefer fluoxetine.  It helped with anxiety, depression, and OCD.  I do have a bottle of adivan on hand from earlier this year.  I haven't taken one since January.  I took one last night to help me calm down and sleep.  It worked great.  First time in over a week I didn't wake up in the middle of the night full of anxiety and unable to get back to sleep. I don't want to make a habit out of that, though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 24
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 12:23:05 PM »
and there's no proof that it would cause damage to your body by taking it for so many years continuously?  I prefer fluoxetine.  It helped with anxiety, depression, and OCD.  ....

The great news is that  Antidepressants (especially SSRI) have proven to be very safe for long term use.   Research is now showing that antidepressants do NOT cause long term damage – On the contrary, they actually help repair brain damage caused by high stress levels.

Ian, one of our senior members – noted this research on one of his posting with references to research documents on the post below: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93168.msg520011.html#msg520011

I glad to hear to you that Prozac - works for you!  It is the medication I have used for the last 10+ years with great success.

After testing and trying out many of the SSRI/SNRI AD myself - I have returned to Prozac as the best medication for me.

Just some of the most common AD Medications I have been on:
Prozac (4x times)
Paxil
Effexor
Cymbalta
Remeron  (2x)
Wellbutrin (2x)
Zoloft
Celexa (3x)
LexaPro
Fluvoxamine (Luvox) - mostly used in the U.K.
Serzone (now removed from the market)
Trazodone
And some others... that I just can't recall at the moment.
I have been on some other older tricyclic antidepressants, but only for a short time (4 months)

If you are paranoid, like I am - I do the following:

Just to make sure, as part of my doctor check-up  visits, Along with my standard blood test, I have blood panel test done that will measure the liver function value, to make sure there are no value changes in the results over time, to ensure my liver is healthy.  (SSRIs are broken down in the liver by a group of enzymes) - This gives me peace of mind.  This allows me to work with my doctor in monitoring any changes.

Liver function blood panel test - http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/liver-function-panel-topic-overview

I would highly encourage you to get back on Prozac - ASAP.  It will take about a month before you start to feel the difference, and I believe that in most cases - The benefits far outweigh any risks.   :yes:

Feel free to send me PM if you have any questions, my wish for you is to get your mental health back, and to remain healthy, with a life filled with joy and peace, that God wishes for all of us!  :pray:

God Bless... Stay Strong in your Faith!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 09:22:39 AM »
So you've been taking Prozac for over ten years straight and have had no complications?  I'm seriously considering getting back on.  I believe it will be best for myself and my family if I do, even though the thought of taking medicine makes me feel "broken".  I like how I feel when I'm on it. 

Thank you so much for your thorough responses.  They are very helpful and it means a lot that you took time out to help me. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 24
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »
So you've been taking Prozac for over ten years straight and have had no complications? 

I'm seriously considering getting back on.  I believe it will be best for myself and my family if I do, even though the thought of taking medicine makes me feel "broken".  I like how I feel when I'm on it. 

Thank you so much for your thorough responses.  They are very helpful and it means a lot that you took time out to help me. 

Yes, More like 15 years altogether !!  - I took a break to try some different medications - Cymbalta and Effexor for about a year.... Not even close to being as effective as Prozac for controlling my Panic Disorder, GAD and OCD.

But, I came back to Prozac as the best for me! - compared to 12+ AD/SSRI/SNRI out on the market today. :yes:

Now, it is time to take action!  Get your life back, and get healthy, for you and your family!

Remember that in this earthly life, we are all "broken" , we are all "imperfect", we all "fall short in one way or another" - we all share in being human, with all our faults, and shortcomings - but know that we are God’s Most Prized Possessions!!!

After this temporary life the Bible tells us "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away"  - Rev 21:4

And it is my pleasure that I was able to help!  I am only doing what God has designed me to do, which to help others, there is no higher calling...  :pray:

Just keep in touch - so I can also take joy in your recovery and happiness  :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags:

anything