Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Rabies fear is back :(  (Read 110 times)

Offline beatz2k6

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Rabies fear is back :(
« on: September 02, 2014, 04:47:14 AM »
Hi guys since the last time I was on here I had gotten over my rabies fear which I was delighted with but now it has gotten even worse, I heard bats in Ireland carried a rabies-like virus so I started to panic, I often hear noises in the attic and assume its bats, since no1 would go and check I had started to board any holes in my room that they could get through and I was terrified to go bed so I tried to stay up all night but when id fall asleep the first thing that came to mind when I woke up was did I get bit by a bat, I would check everywhere and no signs of bites, I started panicking even more so I decided to visit my sister in wales, when I first went over I was fine but then one morning I woke up with two red dots on my neck really close to each other so I presumed I was bitten by a bat I never looked for a bat while I was there as the people in the room with me slept with the door open  :sick0002: I decided to go home early due to this, this fear is killing me I had even went to the doctor and he said the dots were two spots but I don't believe him at all they don't feel like spots whatsoever, then my mother made my life worse by saying she sleeps with the window open and she hears bats all the time which made me presume there are bats in our attic and she got bit and has rabies so I don't let her touch any of my food, I really don't know how long I can live with this fear its driving me to the edge of insanity.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Rabies fear is back :(
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 05:33:58 AM »
I'm from Ireland too. You know what gets into the attics here? Normal birds. Many a time I opened a hot press door and had a bird fly out. Just your average normal bird. I like to get them out of the house as quickly as possible. Or else they will die. My neighbour has the same problem. Most of the houses here have a hole up under the gutter. Small hole. That is how the birds gets in. We put some mesh wire up into the hole. There is also a hole at the side of a house if you live in an end house. Do the same with that hole. We have had no birds since we done this. I live in an urban area. Don't see many bats around here at all. I would guess normal birds. Do as I suggested with the wire on the outside of the house. It should solve the problem.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: