Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constant Anxiety  (Read 168 times)

Offline morlnor

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant Anxiety
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:25:19 AM »
I was diagnosed as severely clinically depressed 10 years ago (I was 18). Over the years, my depression changed to more anxiety than depression. I have taken several different meds over the years. My last med was bupropion. I quit taking it about 6 months ago. But I stay so anxious and worried about EVERYTHING!! My health, my finances, my job, my business, and especially my dog who is getting older. I worry about her constantly. My husband and I don't have any children (I had a miscarriage 2 years ago; another anxiety!), so she is our child. I will be devastated when she is gone. I just wish I could quit worrying about her so much! My personality type is there is black or there is white, there is no gray area. I want to change that! I need help!! I have become a hypochondriac. I worry that every little pain is for sure cancer and I am going to die. I am only 28 years old! I have too much life left to live! Does anyone else have these issues? If so, what do you do to stop them?
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:50:24 AM »
Sorry to hear your challenges, and at a young age.  Do you have GAD?  Buspar didn't work for me but Klonopin is working like a dream.
Have you tried it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline morlnor

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 02:05:43 AM »
The last time I went to the dr. I was told I have GAD. I am looking for a new therapist. My husband and I moved to a new state almost 2 years ago. I think it is finally time to start counseling again. I'm tired of being miserable!! But even with insurance, each session is still going to cost about $35!! And our money is tight as it is!! A s far as those 2 meds you mentioned, I have never tried them! May have to ask about them!
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 06:29:52 PM »
1 - I was diagnosed as severely clinically depressed 10 years ago (I was 18). Over the years, my depression changed to more anxiety than depression.

2 - I have taken several different meds over the years. My last med was bupropion. I quit taking it about 6 months ago. But I stay so anxious and worried about EVERYTHING!! 

3 - I just wish I could quit worrying about her so much! .... I want to change that! I need help!! I have become a hypochondriac. I worry that every little pain is for sure cancer and I am going to die. I am only 28 years old! I have too much life left to live! Does anyone else have these issues? If so, what do you do to stop them?

Hi Morinor,

1) So currently anxiety is main issue at this time, it is very hard to live with anxiety - I lived many years with it.   :dazed:

2) Your last medication was bupropion (Wellbutrin), - IME: When I used this AD - didn't do much for my anxiety, and in some cases it actually increased it. ::)

3) Since, I lost so many years to this Anxiety Disease - of Panic Disorder, GAD, and OCD - I can offer some helpful suggestions, as I would never want anyone to go through what I had to go through for 13 years... :angry:

After more than 20+ years - here is what I wish someone would have suggested for me....

IME:  We need to stabilize the anxiety and stress under control as quickly as possible - "My Dr. would say, we need to first put out the Fire! and Stabilize you!  So, we can workout on long term plan to start your recovery."

As Worldbeat posted above, - Benzodiazepines medications - "Klonopin" - is very effective in stabilizing your anxiety and help you think without the torture of anxiety hitting you 24/7.   

Unlike AD medications like one you were using take about 4-12 weeks for them to start working.  Benzodiazepines will work within hours, and if used for daily can give you enough relief to have you and your doctor discuss what AD/SSRI medications (that take 4-12 weeks to work) can be used to help reclaim your mental health.

Some good doctors will place you both types of medications at the same time.  The use "Combination Medication Therapy" , which I posted about, that I found very helpful for myself:  http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,90732.msg506362.html#msg506362
  :yes:

IME:  Once I was stabilized, I was able to work with excellent CBT self therapy, ( I didn't have the money $60-110 /hr for a therapist) - There so many free resources and some that are affordable. For example:  There are wonderful books (can buy used copies) on Amazon on techniques and CBT strategies.  Also, youtube even has free information of various mental.

We also have many great members here that are very knowledgeable about CBT and Self-Therapy and could offer you recommendations.

We are here to offer you our experiences in hopes that it may be helpful in your recovery, I would be happy to answer any of your questions, or concerns, or help you point you to resources.

Stay Strong  :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline morlnor

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 07:33:47 PM »
Thank you, Never-Quit. Your advice is very appreciated! It's time to nip this thing in the bud.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: