Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Period period period!  (Read 115 times)

Offline Shayden

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Period period period!
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:27:50 PM »
I didn't get my period last month because I was REALLY stressed, I just got it today with the cramps and everything else and it's a little lighter than usual, it's mainly always heavy the first day. it looks brown on the pad and red when I wipe, i'm NOT sexually active btw, i'm only 15. 
Is this normal?
believe me I don't want to look any of this up my situation will be alot worse.

I never really got periods, I mainly learned some of it on my own, i'v had it for 4 and a half years and it's still confusing till this day.

If someone doesn't mind, could you tell me what's normal and what isn't with the whole "period" thing?
thank you. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Period period period!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »
That is very normal.  Mine start that way every month.  It only gets worse. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bonzlee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • All is as its meant to be!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:53:24 AM »
The first several years of puberty it is very normal to not have a regular schedule. I would suggest you get a small calendar and mark an X on the day you start. After 6-8 months you might start to see a pattern. For example, I remember a time when my periods went 26 days one month then 30 days the next, then 26 the next... and it just kept alternating. It felt like an odd pattern until I started tracking it. As I got older, the pattern changed, so don't expect it to stay the same. Stress, sleeping and how much you each can effect your cycle, so if it comes really early or much later than expected, don't let that freak you out. It's so normal.

I am 48 so have quite a bit of experience  :laugh3:. I have noticed with myself if I am dehydrated, the color is brownish in the beginning rather than starting just as red. It's very normal. All the cramping and maybe even headaches and irritability are all normal. My sister had such severe cramping she was bedridden the first day of her period, so even that is normal. She ended up taking birth control pills because it helps the cramping.

Let me know if that answers all your questions. I know it's a hard topic and it's good to know all you need to so you can relax about it.
Bookmark and Share

Online sweetnspunky

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:55:28 AM »
Brown colored blood is just older blood that got exposed to the air. It is perfectly normal. I was weird I read everything I could before I was old enough to get my period. I thought it would make me grown up. Anyways, no period you will have will always be like the last one. There is all types of flows, lengths of bleeding, symptoms, severity of symptoms. It is all normal. If you have any other questions you can PM me. I can maybe answer any other questions.
Bookmark and Share
Let It Be

Tags: