Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: hiding things  (Read 111 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hiding things
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »
Hey guys! I used to come to this site quite a bit a couple of months ago but I got a new job and been very busy and its a very active job so when I get home I'm way too tired to think about anxiety. If that makes any sense. Anyways, I was thinking about what interests me on a day to day basis and what kind of people I talk to and what we talk about. Well, I found out that I don't really have a one committed hobby at all. Today was my day off and I just browsed the internet (reddit,*****). I found out that most of the things I look at are not very happy topics, it's just all upsetting things. The people I relate to are usually only people that find faults in everything (because that's my personality too). The TV shows I'm into, the movies, the music, the conversations with people I know, are all just mostly negative. I don't let myself enjoy anything without finding fault in it. SO, I want to just distance myself from all that negativity. I'm going to stop watching horror movies (my fav genre) and ansimilar movies. I'm going to stop purposely looking at things on the internet that freak me out but I read anyways because its science related (ex. Medical articles). I'm going to stick with comedy shows, no more dark TV shows. Get a hobby and practice letting it go and just enjoying things. I need to stop finding the bad in everything and everyone and just think more positive. I'm not expecting results right away as this kind of thinking I've been doing my whole life and I just told myself that it was smart thinking. This probably has nothing to do with anxiety but I hope it helps me.

Anyone try anything similar? thoughts?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hopeful77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: hiding things
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »
I think it may help some.  I rarely watch the news anymore, don't listen to talk radio, and usually just scan the headlines on internet news sites to make sure I'm not totally out of touch.  I think I am happier for it.  I hope this experiment works for you.
Bookmark and Share
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7

Tags: