Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Intrusive thoughts  (Read 102 times)

Offline nmarie24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Intrusive thoughts
« on: September 01, 2014, 06:48:40 PM »
Hi everyone, I've been suffering from intrusive thoughts for only about a month now but can't seem to get back to normal..

It started  when I decided to watch a real life murder story on tv and I was by myself. After it was over I started asking myself why people snap and do the things they do and if I'm capable of doing the same. Then i started having thoughts that I'm capable of hurting the people I love most and have been suffering from it ever since.  I have been making myself so sick,  nausea and everything. It's so upsetting because before all of this, I was so happy . I love my family and boyfriend more than anything. My boyfriend and I started talking about our future and  how we want to become parents in the next couple years. Being a mom is something I've wanted more than anything. Now because of these thoughts I'm afraid to have a baby.. Am I going to have these thoughts when I have kids  and am I ever going to be happy again. I feel bad for my boyfriend, like he shouldn't be with me anymore because I feel so bad. He's such a positive person. I live a good life, loving family and  boyfriend. I feel like a terrible person and just don't understand why I can't shake these thoughts and remember who I was a month ago.. All I do is cry, I'm making myself so depressed. 

I went through something similar when I was in high school, I watched something and it made me think too much but it only lasted for about a week or two.. I was in dance and school so I was constantly busy and eventually the thoughts went away. I looked online and came across intrusive thoughts associated with ocd and anxiety.. It's exactly what I'm  going through. It's a relief that I'm not alone, but it doesn't change the fact that I had the thoughts and feel an enormous amount of guilt and sadness. I look at kids and get emotional now as well as my family.. Am I ever going to be able to look at these people the way I used to? It breaks my heart.. I'm so scared that I'll never get over this and that something is really wrong with me..  I miss the old me
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Intrusive thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:56:24 AM »
Hi Marie  :action-smiley-065:

I just wanted to see if you are still on this site....

This very common OCD problem and the good news is this is just part of the Anxiety Disease.

If you are still active on this - please reply.

Have you seen a doctor yet?  Is it mostly information from the Internet?

I had this type OCD with intrusive thoughts.... And was able to finally eliminate them....

There  is a lot of resources and help ....

Feel free to contact me or just post any further information.that may be helpful.
 :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: