Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Puffy fingers and feet?  (Read 100 times)

Online bpadilla49

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Puffy fingers and feet?
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:08:19 PM »
I've never worried about my heart before. It's always been cancer - which is ironic because I don't have a history of cancer in my family, but I do have a rampant history of heart disease.

The past few weeks I've noticed my fingers and feet feel puffy. It's usually worse at night. My fingers and toes don't look swollen by any means, but I can feel it. THAT coupled with heart palpitations, I'm worried I have heart failure now. I'm 26 and otherwise healthy. I'm wondering if this is something I truly should be concerned about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Puffy fingers and feet?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:53:01 PM »
I sometimes feel swollen in places too.  No idea what it is, but I don't think anything's really swelling if they look the same as ever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 07:27:15 PM »
So you're saying your fingers and feet are swollen? You "feel" it but can't see it? Swelling would be visible, plain and simple. This is a psychological symptom as opposed to a physical one. I've read where people see their hands or legs wasting away or seeing one side of their stomach shrinking. These things are physiologically impossible but certainly psychologically possible and documented. The mind is the most powerful organ in our bodies and it can make us do and think many things. Swollen fingers and feet without visual evidence is indicative of what I'm saying.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Bonzlee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • All is as its meant to be!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 02:04:48 AM »
Do you eat a lot of sugar or carbs? These can cause you to retain water and make you feel like your hands and feet are puffy. If you eat these things, try avoiding them in for 3-4 days and you'll see you'll lose several pounds as the body lets go of the excessive water. Also, if it's hot where you live, you can easily retain water from the heat. All these things can make your hands and feet feel puffy even if they don't look really puffy. Trust me, I puff up like a balloon when I got into the heat.

I had an EKG done about 4 years ago because my heart was doing flips flops. Always happened in the evening just when I'd finally sit down to relax, and my heart would do this weird off beat. Extremely scary, particularly to somebody who has HA. Turns out this normal and very benign. It can also be triggered right after you eat sugar, and it often happens just after you relax, especially if you've been under a lot of stress. The cardiologist was quite nice to me and reassured me that my heart was strong and healthy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: