Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumour or anxiety  (Read 177 times)

Offline rhino98

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumour or anxiety
« on: September 01, 2014, 04:21:31 PM »
Hello, i'm 15 and for about the past 2 months I have been having symptoms of a brain tumour and it is really starting to affect me. Most of the time all I am thinking about is a brain tumour and dying. The symptoms started when I would be walking and id move to the side a bit almost like losing my balance a little bit. The more thought I put into this the more symptoms I got. They are

-Dizziness
-I get headaches and head pains sometimes (Headaches in forehead)
-Head feels heavy
-Legs have felt weak twice
-Started having trouble falling asleep, tossing and turning for ages
-Blurry vision at times (I wear glasses) Sometimes floaters and flashes
-Memory loss

I seem to get some symptoms at the same time and then other days they have gone and I have others. The headaches go away with paracetamol. If anyone has had these symptoms and it turned out to be anxiety please help as its starting to become difficult to live with this. I have no one else to talk to. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rhino98

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumour or anxiety
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:58:12 PM »
I've also been eating more than usual too. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 06:15:23 PM »
Hi Rhino, welcome to Anxiety Zone! 

So sorry to hear you are struggling, but it sounds to me you have a
lot of symptoms that those with anxiety have.  Have you seen your doctor?  What about your school counselor?  I would suggest you see one or both of them before jumping to the conclusion of a brain tumor!

I sure hope you start feeling better soon!  Please enjoy the site and read through some of the other posts.  You may find other members that you have things in common with that could be a great help to you!

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bonzlee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • All is as its meant to be!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 02:29:30 AM »
I agree about talking to somebody about anxiety. The symptoms you mentioned can all be related to anxiety. Brain tumors are extremely rare, especially in a person your age.

I'm so sorry you're so worried at such a young age. I would definitely go see your high school counselor and ask him/her to help you find a therapist who can help you through this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MeridianAD

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 05:31:54 AM »
Hello, i'm 15 and for about the past 2 months I have been having symptoms of a brain tumour and it is really starting to affect me. Most of the time all I am thinking about is a brain tumour and dying. The symptoms started when I would be walking and id move to the side a bit almost like losing my balance a little bit. The more thought I put into this the more symptoms I got.

That's pretty good evidence that it's anxiety. Try to remember that... if you're constantly worrying about having some kind of serious disease, and your symptoms become more apparent the more you notice it... that's classic anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: