Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Panicking  (Read 104 times)

Offline Justsmilealready

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panicking
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:46:10 PM »
I've posted recently about all my other health issues, which I was beginning to believe was due to anxiety. However I started researching my blood work and googling. Now I'm terrified. I got a positive ANA test with a positive RNP (mixed connective tissue disease). My GP told me it may be a false positive because my sed rate and CRP rate, which detects inflammation, was normal. Typically with an autoimmune disease, you have inflammation. My neurologist also said it was probably nothing. I see a rheumatologist at the end of the month. I was happy hearing the drs tell me that but for some reason, I started googling last night and read that you don't have pos RNP in healthy people. I can't even function I'm having a nervous breakdown.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 222
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panicking
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »
my daughter had severe joint pain.  I took her to pediatrician and had bloods drawn.  ALL of her inflammation factors were abnormal.  Meh, we went to the pediatric rheumy and dealt with the issue.

Yep my daughter's platelets, sed rate, ana, CRP, and another one were wonky.  ANAs can often be + and it mean nothing.  I remember the pediatric rheumy saying to me, " You don't think anything is wrong do you?  But I will tell you, in my 25yrs of practice  I have NEVER seen blood work like this and it be nothing"  I said "Well I know it isn't ___ cuz my mom had that.  Maybe  it is _____."    Well it was the maybe I thought.  We dealt with it and have gone on.

IF you have something, you will deal and go on.  You don't really have a choice  :winking0008: . However, as your doc mentioned ANAs and +RNP can often give false +.  This likely the case in as much as your inflammation tests were normal.

Several years ago I had an  anti-phospholipid come back positive.  The next time it was done, it came back negative.  Lots of these immune disorder tests do that.  My understanding is when those type test come back + but other inflammation type stuff is normal, it is most likely false positive.  Typically, too, no dx is ever made based on ONE + auto-immune test.  I suppose it is because docs know the tests record.  I have a friend who has a MIXED auto-immune disorder, one of the mix was hashi-moto.  She  was sick lady.  Docs knew something was wrong.  she had one ana come back + but docs weren't jumping on auto-immune disease/s based on that one test..  She took 3 or so and then docs looked at other abnormal stuff going on.   

BTW--- QUIT googling stuff up.  It ONLY HARMS YOUR WELL  BEING
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Justsmilealready

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panicking
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:46:27 PM »
Thank you sixpack. You are a very sweet person. I really appreciate the time you spend on here comforting others.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: ANA blood tests