Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cardiophobia  (Read 85 times)

Offline ChilIPeppeR55

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cardiophobia
« on: September 01, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »
Hey everyone, this is the first time I have posted here. I am posting here today, because ever since I have had my first panic attack (which was in march during spring break.) I have had constant palpitations or pounding heart. I am always aware of my heart beat and feel it throughout the day. The palps get worst when i am excercising and now i cant seem to do anything that requires physical exertion, because i always fear that my heart will give out. Now i am less active than before and getting out of shape, because of these freaking palps. Most of the time when i am doing something else I dont seem to feel my heart beat hard, so i guess it might be that i am over sentitive? I have already been to the doctors twice and the doc listened to my heart and said everything sounded good, but I still get these palps. Idk what to do and I am only 16 years old! I can't do anything that I use to enjoy because of this fear that has consumed me. So if there is anyone out there that has gone or is going through something like this, I would appreciate any advice on how to get rid of these palps. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cardiophobia
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »
Hi CPepper,

At 16 years old, the chances of something sinister going on with your heart are slim to none based on your age and no previous issues. Palps are one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. As far as controlling them, you basically have two options. There are meds (beta blockers) that can help control them. I don't recommend this as I'm old enough to be your father and have had two heart attacks and cancer. I'm on beta blockers for the rest of my life and the side effects can and will hinder you. The other method and the one I do recommend is to speak to your doctor about your anxiety and seek therapy to help you better deal with it. If you treat the root of the problem, you treat the symptoms that arise from it.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline ChilIPeppeR55

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cardiophobia
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:41:39 PM »
I was worried about palps but now I feel a lot less stressed out. Thanks for the advice.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: