Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do not believe doctor! Should I trust her?  (Read 257 times)

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do not believe doctor! Should I trust her?
« on: September 01, 2014, 12:17:57 PM »
Okay my doctor pretty much summed up all my symptoms as anxiety, she asked
Me a lot of questions, did a finger to nose point thing and standing on one leg noted my speech and eyes. She said none of my symptoms point to anything serious and the weird foggy, spacey lightheaded feeling is anxiety! She said she is not going to refer me for tests or to a neuro.
My doctor is a nice woman and she is trustworthy but I feel a bit surprised.
She has referred me for councilling as she says I need help with my anxiety.
I'm sure this is not all anxiety! I even told her about my feet tingling more than usual and going to sleep and she just brushed it all off!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousGrr

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do not believe doctor! Should I trust her?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:21:42 PM »
If you're really worried, you can get another opinion.  But I don't see why your doctor would want to deceive you.  It's liability for her. Why would she risk misdiagnosing you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 31
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:27:03 PM »
Everything you just said in your post confirms her diagnosis, not to mention you're posting it on an anxiety forum!  You obviously don't feel well. Now that you know why and what you need to do to get better, don't you think it's time you start treating it? If it were an infection, would you not take medicine to treat it? What's the difference in this instance? You have a diagnosed illness called anxiety disorder. There is treatment available to get better. What's stopping you?

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 222
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:39:01 PM »
sooooooooo  your earlier post today was about you in near vapor lock worrying over seeing the doctor and her "possibly" thinking you are very ill and ordering tests.   Now you are here upset that your doctor checks you  over and says there is nothing serious going on and your issues stem from anxiety and is referring you to counseling.

It seems apparent that your doctor would be wrong no matter what she told you.

Chloe, you simply can't have it both ways---faulting a doc for potentially ordering tests AND faulting the doctor for finding your issues consistant with anxiety and then referring you to a therrapist.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Chloe1990

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 01:01:03 PM »
Yeah I know I'm never bloomin satisfied. I hate it when I do this. She said the councilling should come through this week so once I start that I'm hoping stuff will get better. It's times like this I have no time for myself
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 01:07:17 PM »
I'm always surprised when my doctors tell me I'm healthy, but I can't think of a reason you shouldn't believe her.  Why would your doctor be careless and not try to appropriately diagnose you? 

(Also, hey, I never knew anyone else who used "vapor lock" as a euphemism for mental health things before.  In my case, it's the brain shutdown panic that makes me feel unable to reply to email/voicemail/texts.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 222
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 01:49:02 PM »
I'm always surprised when my doctors tell me I'm healthy, but I can't think of a reason you shouldn't believe her.  Why would your doctor be careless and not try to appropriately diagnose you? 

(Also, hey, I never knew anyone else who used "vapor lock" as a euphemism for mental health things before.  In my case, it's the brain shutdown panic that makes me feel unable to reply to email/voicemail/texts.)

hehe,  I have to keep things interesting.  I've been here too long so I gotta mix things up a bit.   :yes: 

but it is like vapor lock----you get so panicky you can't do anything but stand and shake.   :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: