Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 2 Questions about Gerd and Palpitations  (Read 139 times)

Offline memphisGuy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
2 Questions about Gerd and Palpitations
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:56:19 AM »
Since December I have had 7 or 8 episodes of me waking out of my sleep and having my heart beat crazily, I know that may be an apnea symptom but I was wondering could Gerd also play a role into ths because usually during that day I ate some kind of large meal. (Similar to last night where I had ribs and barbecue etc.

Also, can going 13 or 14 hours without eating trigger palpitations? I normally stop eating around 8.pm and have to get up for work at 3:45 am for work and usually get off around 9:30 am. and EVERYDAY it seems that I get palps around the same time. Deep ones, also happens after a meal. Now this has made me not even want to eat...
Bookmark and Share

Offline memphisGuy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 2 Questions about Gerd and Palpitations
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 06:17:52 PM »
I'm not familiar with GERD but palpitations after eating are very common.  I get them if I've eaten a large meal and sometimes when I am just lying down relaxing.  My cardiologist said they are normal and nothing to worry about.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 07:00:11 PM »
I've never been woken up by acid reflux. That's not to say it doesn't happen but I've never heard of it. I did however recently discover one can have panic attacks while asleep but I can't answer your question.

Gerd is definitely worse on an empty stomach.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline e77

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:03:07 PM »
Have you consulted with your doc?  Always good to check in.  I get heart palpitations and if I eat a rich meal, that is, one with lots of fats, sugars and salts I can get the heart palpitations. Stimulants like caffeine and even chocolate can set them off.  Also not having a good nights rest makes me more vulnerable to them. Heart palpitations are extremely normal but if you're sensitized to them they get amplified and you can feel threatened by them, even though they are benign. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: