Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Double/blurred vision  (Read 200 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Double/blurred vision
« on: September 01, 2014, 07:00:57 AM »
Hi,

I have been experiencing headaches at the back of my head which my GP is most certainly to do with neck pain and so I am going to accupuncture tonight to see if that helps as he thinks they might be cervicogenic. For the last few days though my vision has been weird. I have posted before about my vision feeling off when I look in the mirror but now I keep seeing squiggly lines like trails, my floaters I have had for years are worse and my vision feels blurry and sometimes I get slight double vision.

I had an eye test six months ago and all was ok, I wasn't experiecing these vision issues then and I had a normal brain MRI and CT scan.

I sit at a computer typing for 7 hours a day so wonder if this is something to do with it?

I know i've had a scan for reassurance but something is telling me it's something more sinister.

Please offer advice;especially anyone with cervicogenic headaches!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Paul77

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Double/blurred vision
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:37:18 AM »
I work in front of the computer all day as well. I get double vision, sore neck and headaches also, especially when I'm tired or stressed (which is most of the time :) ). I have terrible eyesight -7.5,which I suppose doesn't help.
I also occasionally get dizzy after sitting for long periods of time in front of the computer.
My eye muscles are weak and they tend to do the opposite of being crossed, they fall outwards (I forgot the medical name), probably due to starring at the computer all day. Most eye doctors check for it but don't talk about it unless it's bad. I also see echoes in my vision, for example if i read white text on black background I will see faint lines wherever I look.
I had the same tests as you which came out clear.
I take more breaks while working, look outside,just get away from screens every 30 minutes or so and it seems to help. I also blink more which sounds funny but it kinda resets my eyes.

If it worsens I'd get it checked again but if you're fine a few days after not being in front of the computer then it may very well be that.

Bookmark and Share
Don't think you can,  know you can...

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
Dry eye from sitting at the computer can make floaters and vision worse.  My eye doc told me to get eye drops for dry eyes but make sure you get the kind that doesn't have preservatives because they can dry out the eye!  Go figure. Anyhow, I started using them (use as needed) and found after a week or so I didn't need them but once in a while and the vision concerns went away.  There's a gel you can put in just before bed that really lubricates the eyes so you don't need anything during the day but it's a weird goopy feeling stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Coreen15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »
I too have similar vision issues. Do you wear glasses? Is the double vision only far away? I get it on fluorescent letters like the tv screen or signs far away. I have glasses for my nearsighted but I still get it if I squint.
I also have other off vision disturbances and had my eyes checked by an opthamologist a few times. Had a visual field test as well as an oct test and everything was fine. Never had a ct scan though I'm just worried about the radiation from it :(
Bookmark and Share