Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: TETANUS SCARE!!!!! FREAKING OUT!!!!  (Read 324 times)

Offline oregoncoastlady

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: TETANUS SCARE!!!!! FREAKING OUT!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »
Besides all of the good things that everyone else has said, I want to add that we have been programmed to believe that people are getting tetanus every day, and unless you keep up with your vaccines you are doomed. Tetanus is one of my triggers, so I have done a lot of research. In the United States, approximately 35 people get tetanus each year. Some of them were current with their vaccines.  There are over three hundred million people in the United States. Each day people are getting millions of cuts. It is estimated that only fifty percent of the population is current with their vaccines. SO, the chances of getting tetanus are about the same as winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on the same day. And, most of the people who got tetanus survived.

Also, what Beth0810 said is right on. I've read the information at the British medical site. They follow a different protocol, and in Great Britain approximately six people a year get tetanus and the population is around sixty million. So, even with the vaccine schedule they follow there is no significant difference in the numbers. Interestingly, the British website doesn't scare you into believing that you will die from every kind of cut. They explain it rationally.

And, one more thing. Before the tetanus vaccine was even created the incidences of tetanus had significantly decreased. This was attributed to better hygiene and people actually cleaning their wounds.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Oh, and I never read about anyone getting tetanus from a dirty potato. Try to calm down.
Bookmark and Share

Online Beth0810

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 08:49:32 PM »
That's probably due to the fact that the British health system is NOT for profit, which is why they don't push unnecessary vaccines on their people… they do what works and no more.  They don't' use fear to motivate people. 

You have zero chance of getting tetanus, OP.  No worries.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline oregoncoastlady

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 12:27:50 AM »
Beth0810, I completely agree with you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: