Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Severe Pain & Cramping In My Legs!  (Read 201 times)

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
Severe Pain & Cramping In My Legs!
« on: August 31, 2014, 07:48:06 PM »
Hey guys,

I was really really trying my best to avoid AZ because I've been going through a rough patch and the less I think about it the better but I'm at the point now where I'm just really terrified again and I'm doing everything to resist from running to the doctors.

Last night I was engaged in a very intense game of monopoly that required me sitting down for quite some time. When I finally got out of my chair last night after sitting in it for a couple hours I noticed an intense pain in my right leg. I shrugged it off and attributed it to sitting the wrong way and being seated for a long period of time, I went to bed and figured the pain would be gone once I woke up. The second I woke this morning the first thing I noticed was that my leg was still severely hurting. I tried to ignore it but throughout the day today my leg has been constantly in pain - it starts in my lower leg (just below my calf) and radiates through my calf all the way up into my thigh. On top of the shooting pain my entire leg is full of cramping. All I ca keep thinking about is DVT, DVT, DVT. I layed down today to try and watch a movie and I was so uncomfortable because not only my one leg - but BOTH my legs began cramping up and sending shooting pain randomly. I've tried stretching my legs and it is extremely painful. I don't know what to do right now. I've stayed calm all day but it's really just getting worse.

Earlier today I went grocery shopping with my mom and almost fainted in the store because I got so dizzy that everything was spinning. I went to go wait in the car because I couldn't take being on my feet. I don't feel like my body is getting enough oxygen at all (Also, it is extremely hot and humid where I live right now, almost 90 degrees) I'm not sure if that is contributing in anyway to how I feel.

My legs aren't swollen but they do feel pretty warm (but my whole body feels warm due to the outside temperature). I've read so many stories about people that have had experiences just like mine and were diagnosed because they took the precaution to go to the doctor and make sure that they were okay. I'm really at a loss as to what to do. Does anyone have any advice?

Brittany
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Severe Pain & Cramping In My Legs!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »
I wonder if you're having the symptoms you read about because, well, you read about them.  You started with one symptom, and then worried about it being a result of something bad, and started feeling other symptoms of it.  That's happened to me before.

DVT wouldn't cause cramping in both legs.  You could have irritated a nerve or something sitting for so long, or you could be dehydrated or low on potassium.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
I wonder if you're having the symptoms you read about because, well, you read about them.  You started with one symptom, and then worried about it being a result of something bad, and started feeling other symptoms of it.  That's happened to me before.

DVT wouldn't cause cramping in both legs.  You could have irritated a nerve or something sitting for so long, or you could be dehydrated or low on potassium.

Molly, one leg is much much worse then the other. Both legs are bothering me with the cramping but only one has the shooting pain that is radiating up into my hip and lower back. I'm not sure what to do.
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Online fordaisy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:50:54 AM »
Did you try an aspirin Brittany. Also try stretching your legs too as this will help with any cramping. I am sure you are ok. My legs get really sore when I sit on them too.
Bookmark and Share

Online Ihadcancer

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:54:47 AM »
Sounds like sciatica and that can be caused by irritating the sciatic nerve in your hip.  It's an awful pain and hot pads, warm baths and time  will help. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:44 AM »
Agreed about it sounding like sciatica, with the shooting pain up your hip on one side.  I don't envy you that - I get it sometimes (often from sitting in theater seats too often in a week), and my girlfriend had it once and the pain was so bad she was throwing up and couldn't move.  Good news is it's not dangerous.  I usually just take painkillers and let it right itself in time. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: