Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Tumor Fear  (Read 242 times)

Offline ProBMG

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain Tumor Fear
« on: August 31, 2014, 06:10:18 PM »
I'm 15 years old to start off...

For the last month and a half off and on I've been feeling very off, head aches, weird eye feelings, head pressure, crazy/scary/non sense thoughts (especially when I'm walking up in sleep cycle [middle of night]) I've had moderate nausea but its very light and not constant, and sometimes feel like my arms legs or face are all messed up.. So Yesterday I ran to the Doctor and they did some tests and did a Neurological Exam and told me it came out perfect and that it was anxiety/stress. But I wonder, even though I passed it if I had a brain tumor would I fail it?

P.S: I have a lot of panic/anxiety attacks..

Bookmark and Share

Offline Smitten

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Tumor Fear
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »
I'm not an expert but others on here know a lot. If you look up BT, you'll find a lot of reassuring posts. There's one from a few years back (2009) that was especially beneficial. I think it was from Shubert?? Anyway, if you have been checked and nothing was found, I would say you are in good shape. BTs are very rare, especially for a 15 year old. I had a recent fear put to rest by some testing, so try not to worry. Do your research on here and not on google! :)
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 07:39:46 PM »
Had all your symptoms. Was sure I had a brain tumor. I moved onto a new fear (unfortunately) and all my symptoms disappeared. No brain tumor. All the symptoms you talk about are common with anxiety and especially on this forum, so take smitten's advice :)

You would most likely fail a neurological exam if you had a brain tumor. I have never heard of anyone pass it when they had a brain tumor
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProBMG

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 07:17:34 PM »
I'm not an expert but others on here know a lot. If you look up BT, you'll find a lot of reassuring posts. There's one from a few years back (2009) that was especially beneficial. I think it was from Shubert?? Anyway, if you have been checked and nothing was found, I would say you are in good shape. BTs are very rare, especially for a 15 year old. I had a recent fear put to rest by some testing, so try not to worry. Do your research on here and not on google! :)

Alright I'll be sure to do my research on here. Thanks! ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bonzlee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • All is as its meant to be!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 01:41:33 AM »
Adrenal fatigue, which can result from too much stress, causes all the symptoms you mentioned. It basically means your adrenal glands are tired. When my adrenal glands get worn out I have a lot of problem with dizziness and nausea. I also crave sugar and carbs and my anxiety goes WAY up. You can go to www.adrenalfatigue.org to find out more about it. You can take supplements to support your adrenal glands. Avoiding caffeine and getting plenty of rest also helps to get them back on track.

And I agree, I think you have a better chance of winning the lottery than a brain tumor at your age. It's extremely rare at any age, but particularly rare in a young person.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dexterr02

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 09:13:59 AM »
i have the same symptoms and im 17 years old(turning 18 this friday). do i have any chance of having a brain tumour at this age?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProBMG

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »
Small, but ask you doctor for a Neurological Exam, I got one last week, and although I don't have the fear off my mind, it sometimes helps to know! ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline icedreams

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 10:46:22 PM »
I have to agree with the other answerers. All of the symptoms you mentioned are very common symptoms of anxiety, and if what you had was anything to worry about the doctor would have noticed right away. I understand perfectly how you feel, as I experienced something very similar last year. I had headaches, nausea, and the "weird feelings" that you mentioned.  :winking0008: But, of course, it all turned out to be nothing. Contrary to what many people believe, anxiety is a sickness -- and as with any other sickness, you must take certain steps to get better. If you practice positive thinking and continue to tell yourself that you're okay, you will be okay. :) Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProBMG

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 05:30:55 PM »
Thanks Ice, the reassurance helps a lot! ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »
would you pass a neuro exam if you had a brain tumor large enough to cause symptoms?  no, unlikely.

if you had a tumor large enough to cause symptoms, you would almost certainly be having some form of seizure.  because brain tumors aggravate brains.  aggravated brains respond by having seizures.  FIVE of the 8 people I have known (directly or indirectly---one my sister and one my dad) had seizures as ONE symptom.  the other three may have but I was not told one way or the other.

Your issues are almost certainly directly caused by a hyper excitable nervous system and then made worse by anxious over thinking.  anxious thinking finds all kinds of minor things to obsess over.  obsessing over the body just makes a body react more physically.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: Brain Tumor