Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lymphoma fears  (Read 113 times)

Offline chelseafan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymphoma fears
« on: August 31, 2014, 03:16:31 PM »
Ok so I posted earlier this week about how I think I have lymphoma. Well my fears have only gotten bigger. I was feeling quite itchy all over and in addition to that, I can feel the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck. They aren't lumps or rock hard and most of them are normal size I believe (quite small) but there is one a bit larger that I can feel towards the back of my neck. I can't feel ANY lymph nodes on the right side of my neck so it makes me very concerned that I can only feel the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck. I also have that lymph node under my jaw, which is mobile and not rock hard but it's bigger than the rest. So I am really scared that I have lymphoma and school is starting on Tuesday and I don't want to be worried about this when school starts. Someone please tell me this isn't lymphoma. I'm 15, around 95 pounds, 5'6, and I have not had any recent infection... So is it normal to be able to feel lymph nodes on one side of your neck and not able to on the other side??
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma fears
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 03:25:36 PM »
Its normal. ESPECIALLY if you have been poking and prodding, like it sounds like you have. You probably had one typical node, touched your neck and made a bunch more swell up.
Also, different nodes in different parts of the body do have different sizes+ shapes an feelings. The one under your jaw is the same as me, mine is a bit bigger there as well. And is especially sore and I can feel it sometimes in certain positions. Sometimes my neck feels full. But it has been the same size and is extremely mobile, soft and sore.

Chelseafan, I remember you writing about leukemia on here before too. ANd you did not have have. Try to remember that this is the same thing again. I know how you feel..we think of leukemia for example and then our fears are dismissed than we run onto another disease that has even one similar symptom and say OMG THAT IS WHAT IT IS.

I don't think you have lymphoma. And I should take my own advice cuz my symptoms are the same as yours and I have had many doctors see me and say I am okay + bloodwork is clear. I hope that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chelseafan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:44 PM »
Yeah thanks Marie, thank you for replying and making me feel better about all this time and time again. I guess the itchy skin is also coming from anxiety, but the thing that got me worried yesterday is that I could feel the lymph nodes on the left side and practically none on the right side of my neck. Even though they are small on the left side except for one, but even that isn't THAT big, I mean it's there but you're saying that it could actually have always been like that?
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 04:20:56 PM »
Yeah exactly. Some people just have palpable lymph nodes. Also, judging by your weight, you must be thin and I've heard that if you're thin, they can be especially palpable.
My doctor said everyone always has at least one palpable node on their body at a time. Some people have many.
I also had the itchiness lol, as soon as I read it can be a lymphoma symptom. Then there I was, itching like hell. I got over the fears for a little and the itching is gone and I haven't experienced it in a while.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: