Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Too much stress  (Read 141 times)

Online kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
Too much stress
« on: August 31, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »
Dealing with anxiety for over a month now I feel like all of this stress is going to actually harm me.

I feel numb to everything now.
I never feel good. I can't sleep well.
I cry too much. My whole body twitches.
My body hurts.

I can't get out of this vicious cycle.

I have a doctors appointment Thursday and I can't keep thinking about how they might tell me I have cancer or something else that's serious. And only have my mom to confide in.

I don't feel like myself.
I feel like I'm breathing too slow/shallow.

I just feel like everything and anything is wrong with me.

Does anyone else get like this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Too much stress
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 02:22:52 PM »
kvn, I hate to say this because I'm sure you've heard it before, but everything you are describing are also symptoms of anxiety.  It's good that you are going to the doc soon and can get everything checked out and get a clean bill of health.  Have you been diagnosed with anxiety and are you taking any meds or going to any therapy for it?

I'm glad that you are using this forum and I've also seen you in chat, which is a great distraction.  Please know that you also have us, along with your mom, to confide in.

Let us know how the appointment goes!
Bookmark and Share

Online kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 02:40:30 PM »
Yeah I've been diagnosed with it, I take Lexapro (20mg) and Buspar (30mg)
I don't have therapy--I did but then I moved to a different state and no one up here takes my insurance.

I know I have you all to confide in, but it's different than confiding in someone face to face you know?

I will however let you all know how the appointment goes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousGrr

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 02:52:53 PM »
I'm not a doctor.  But it sounds like depression rather than just anxiety.  Both maybe?
Bookmark and Share

Online kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »
Yeah I'm starting to think that as well AnxiousGrr
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »

- Dealing with anxiety for over a month now I feel like all of this stress is going to actually harm me.

- I can't get out of this vicious cycle.

- I have a doctors appointment Thursday and I can't keep thinking about how they might tell me I have cancer or something else that's serious. And only have my mom to confide in.

Hi again, :action-smiley-065:

I just wanted to suggest some things - based on what I have actually done myself - First-Hand - IME:

You and your mom (make a great team!) should discuss some of these ideas with your doctor visit on Thursday, and  find a Structured Approach to slow-down and halt your anxiety first, and then keep improving your progress.

1)  My concern is you are only 21 - (you are younger than my daughter!) and yet, you're stuck in HA/OCD  cycle, similar to the one I had when I was diagnosed with OCD - "Checking/re-Checking and Intrusive Thoughts".  The medical tests have you have already taken, plus your age = very, very, very doubtful - that you have anything physically wrong with you.

2) You lost your father - this is something that can contribute greatly to HA anxiety and  mental health.  Self Therapy or working with a therapist would be very helpful.

3) You have been on Lexapro 20 mg -Buspar 30 - and a low dose of Ativan and now Klonopin, yet your anxiety seems to be untouched, and Your OCD regarding Health Anxiety is showing no signs of slowing down or improving.  Just by looking at your past posts shows a pattern of OCD-HA anxiety disorder.

It would be helpful if your mother could go with you on your doctor's visit to discuss some questions (I got this information from reading your past posts) :

QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR DOCTOR:

1)  Been on Lexapro for the last 4/5 years - shouldn't  this medication be more effective?  I still has chronic anxiety, and OCD (HA) thoughts, after this much time shouldn't Lexapro have shown improvements?

2)  Do you think an alternative to Lexapro with proven OCD (FDA approved for OCD) and Anxiety should be considered: (like Prozac, or Zoloft..etc )

3) What does your doctor think about having you on nightly (not PRN) dose of Klonopin for a 1 month trial period, to stabilize the anxiety?  And increasing the nightly dosage (slowly if needed) - until anxiety is stabilized? - and then have a follow-up appointment with your doctor in one month to review the results?

Medication is only Part of the Answer.

I used CBT - Self/Therapy Workbooks with great success in my recovery from OCD and anxiety.

The main problem with my OCD was Rumination - This is where your mind is repeatedly bothered by a worry thought or potential Illness which is unfounded, but you can't stop thinking about it.  :spineyes:

There are many wonderful books and workbooks on Amazon - that I wish I had, when I was struggling with this disorder.

I had a friend recommend a workbook on Amazon, (they have a daughter with similar issues ):

The Mindful Way Workbook: An 8-Week Program to Free Yourself from Depression and Emotional Distress.  I looked at the reviews, it is has an impressive reviews on the results and improvements that patients have using the CBT techniques.

This review caught my eye: " I am a mental health counselor and I have recommend this book to all my clients, as well and walking through the exercises in the book with them. It teaches to another way of knowing. Wonderful."

Sidenote:  I noticed on earlier post you took Klonopin during the day - you want to avoid this - as you already found out, that it causes drowsiness and lethargy during the day... It is not like Ativan - which I used during the day without any problems.  Klonopin works best when used at bedtime.  Also, if you do need to use Klonopin - what I did was use only 1/2 or even 1/4 of the tablet to avoid the "numb - lethargic feelings" - side effects.  And of course, you want to avoid using Ativan along with Klonopin,

IME:  I have done this in the past, but it is better to stick Klonopin, since it actually becomes more effective over time, where Ativan became less effective, especially after a year or so...

Let me know how your doctor visit goes !

Hope you feel better, make sure to take action and stay strong!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Online kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 08:40:19 PM »
Thank you so much! Nice to hear from you again. I appreciate all of this great advice and I will remember this when I go to my appointment and will also tell my mom about it.

Your replies are always very helpful. Thank you again.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: