Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Regressing??!??!? HELP  (Read 185 times)

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Regressing??!??!? HELP
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »
Hello All!  :traurig001: My anxiety/panic has been at least manageable enough to go for a 15-minute walk. For months, I could actually walk down the road far enough to be out of sight of my home. Now, all of a sudden, I just can't!! I know I need to continue my 65 lb weight loss because NOW, I can walk without horrible pain (I WAS 390 lbs due to meds, namely the Methadone I finally came off).  I definitely meet all the criteria for Major Depression BUT I do NOT go onto the Psych Unit simply because I'm not having thoughts to harm mysèlf. Here (in ANY city here in Maine that's North of Portland), you have to  be SO mentally unstable that the professionals are scared NOT to admit you!! If they aren't afraid of a lawsuit because of your statements leading to action, you won't go inpatient. It's like they have some unspoken policy to do everything BUT accept you onto the unit!! I really worry about spiraling down to my lowest point, 2 1/2 yrs ago. It's causing me SO MUCH ANXIETY! I've worked extremely hard to stay well and avoid my MAJOR, extreme, HORRENDOUS depression and to feel it coming-on strongly again is so much more than terrifying!!-and that's an understatement to say it mildly!!
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Regressing??!??!? HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »
Okay, first of all, don't think of this as 'regressing'.....it's simply a little bump in the road that can happen with anxiety and depression....if you give it too much attention, it can consume you.  Try your best to keep up with your walks (you are doing wonderful by the way) and also add a hobby you enjoy into the mix!  Anything that will keep your mind busy is usually a bit helpful. Can you perhaps get in with your family doctor just for a check up and perhaps some ideas on how to better cope when you have these bumps in the road? 

I wish you the best and try your darnedest to stay focused on something other than the anxiety or depression!  We are here to listen if need be!!!!

Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 06:52:43 PM »
I agree with anxiousKathy...you've made great progress.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  You know the way out of the maze now, so don't be thrown.  Just hang in there.

Best regards,

Julie 
Bookmark and Share

Offline curlyandcrazy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 12:08:57 PM »
I'm kind of actually going through the same thing right now. Was doing a lot better at the beginning of May-July, but now back with severe panic attacks. Now that I've been through this before though and been able to (mostly) beat it, I know that it IS possible to get better. Focus on how good it felt to get out on those walks or any other measure of success you've had, and let that feeling of freedom be your motivation. That's what's helping me a lot right now. You CAN do this, you've done it before, and you WILL do it again. Your brain and your body remember how, they just need a push (or two or three..) in the right direction! You can do it!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 04:40:52 AM »
I just got out of The CSU AGAIN 2 days ago but was able to think of it this way: Instead of remembering successes in the past, realize that tomorrow, today will be the past! So use today to build a better past that will encourage you to keep on a good path when you start to waiver by realizing you HAVE had a good past.
Bookmark and Share

Offline curlyandcrazy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 12:10:03 PM »
I really like that... creating a good past to motivate you as you go along. Very cool! :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything