Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New mole appeared suddenly - melanoma scare  (Read 304 times)

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New mole appeared suddenly - melanoma scare
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:27:54 AM »
So, I was in a bathroom yesterday night and noticed a mole on my chest which wasn't there in the morning, and I've also checked most recent pictures and it is not there, so it is definitely new.

I got freaked out immediately about melanoma. It is 2mm in diameter and flat, but, I've read awhile ago that melanoma usually starts as "freckle like" flat mole which gets bigger and gets irregular boards etc. And this one appeared so suddenly, like in couple of hours.

I am 29y old, soon 30.

Has anyone had moles appearing so suddenly?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New mole appeared suddenly - melanoma scare
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:46:48 AM »
I had an actual mole that appeared sometime between my six month full body check up and it was raised, two colored, small and ended up being a severely dysplastic nevus. I had surgery to remove it completely.

What you described would not be melanoma but could some day become melanoma.  Make an appointment to have it removed.  I no longer 'watch' new things. I insist they be removed and biopsied right then.

As you get older, things WILL appear over night on a regular basis.  I had two solar keratosis on my jawline when I was in my 30's. They froze them off. They appeared over night but looked like melted wax indentations. Now I have those on both arms  and I'm 64 in Dec.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 11:21:14 AM »
I don't know anything about melanomas so I was scared when I saw new mole. I have 10days vacation between 3-15th September, and I am scared what if I go there and it starts growing.

Don't know how fast melanomas actually grow and how fast you need to react when you suspect of one.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:14:07 PM »
You can play connect the moles on my body and with a little imagination come up with several zoo animals. We all have them in various sizes and shapes. They come up as we age (from childhood) and while in very rare cases, one may be troublesome, a regular check with your GP or a dermatologist will set your mind at ease. Of the plethora of moles, birth marks and spots on my body, I've had 3-4 "suspicious" ones removed that proved to be benign. If your concerned, just see a doctor and then for goodness sakes, let it go!

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
How fast should I react that is my question? Since I have vacation in 3 days/
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »
How fast should I react that is my question? Since I have vacation in 3 days/

Based on your HA issues, a check prior to going on vacation will help you enjoy your vacation as opposed to worrying the entire time ;)

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 02:31:15 PM »
My parents said it is flat 2mm...doctor can't tell me anything more but to wait and see if it develops since it now definitely looks benign. You know, with us HA ppl, waiting is the worst thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 06:26:21 PM »
i would go to a dern-check them out-and forget them-end of story.  Agp might send you to a derm anyway.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Beth0810

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 11:53:44 AM »
Go to the dermatologist.  They will remove it 1,2,3.  It's no big deal.  It takes 5 min, you won't feel a thing, and they can give you a xanax before if you want.  I've never needed it. 

I have had so many moles removed that I've lost count.  Stitches come out in a week or so and it's done.  And then you will know. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 06:59:45 PM »
Most skin cancers are very slow growing.  I'm sure you'll be fine during your vacation.  HOWEVER, if you're like me and would worry the whole time, call and see if you can get it biopsied or looked at before you go. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bonzlee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • All is as its meant to be!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 01:58:24 AM »
Last week I had an HA scare when what I thought was a mole appeared on my son's neck. That's actually what prompted me to find this message board. Turns out it was a bug bite. It was dark black and my brain went into overdrive because of the color and how fast it appeared. I didn't sleep for 2 nights. I went to 2 doctors because I didn't believe the first one when she said it was nothing. My poor son I freaked out so bad, and then it turned out to be a bug bite. It's been a week and it's almost gone.

I would say if the doctor says it's okay, then you're okay. But I totally understand why you got scared.

Enjoy your vacation!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: