Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: introduce myself  (Read 73 times)

Offline avalon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
introduce myself
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:24:16 AM »
Hello, I decided to get on here because I personally don't know anyone who suffers from anxiety and I don't have people I feel I can speak to. It started after I had surgery about 13 years ago, but I got it under control till about 2 months ago when my fiance abandoned me. Oddly enough, I am a life coach and holistic health practitioner (not currently working), so I feel pressure not to speak about this to anyone. I have been on meds before, but it made the anxiety worse. I find meditation helps quite a bit. My anxiety is not related to any one thing, but iI know that being alone has triggered it. I realized that I had made this person like my safety net, although I was able to go out without any problems, I find now it is really hard. My self esteem has suffered, my health, at times I felt like I was blowing my mind, so here I am because I feel isolated and alone in all of this and need to connect with others who understand.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 02:59:28 AM »
Hi avalon,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline avalon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:38:24 PM »
Thank you. I am sure this will be very helpful in my life right now. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:57:37 PM »
Welcome! I enjoy meditation too. Feel free to PM me about meditation stuff if you'd like. ^^
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline fr8train

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 05:28:53 PM »
Bookmark and Share

Tags: