Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Never getting over this fear  (Read 200 times)

Offline BriR

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Never getting over this fear
« on: August 30, 2014, 10:47:09 PM »
i cant get over my brain tumor fear! It gets worser each day. I thought I was done with the weird head pains but theyre back! And I cant go a day without thinking I'm dying or that i'm seriously Ill.  I started having stomach problems, and they suddenly went away till later when I'm starting to get better from my stomach. The head pains and headaches come back!! Its going on for too long Ive been to the ER twice hoping they'd give me a CT scan. NOTHING. I've talked to my doctor about it, again nothing. The quick neuro tests she always makes me do, I've passed them. And she tries to reassure me I dont have a bt. But the only way I'll drop the fear is till I get a scan.

she said she would refer me to a neurologist. But she didnt. I dont know what to think anymore!? Theyre too focused on my stomach issues, because Ive been losing weight. But not on the fact I've been having weird head pains. Theyre on and off. And theyre not bad but my mind makes it seem like they are. Either way I want a scan just so I'm sure i dont have anything bad going on. Im trying tmy best to be normal again I really am but this fear is holding me back from doing so.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
"Never let your fear decide your fate."

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Never getting over this fear
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:29:43 AM »
Headaches might be THE most common physical symptom of stress.  If you're passing neuro tests, you almost certainly don't have a brain tumor. 

Your stomach issues could also be stress related - and if you're not well-hydrated (I don't know what your stomach issues are exactly, but if you're losing weight I assume you're not eating/drinking much and/or having diarrhea) you're also going to get headaches from that.  I had a whopper of one last night.  Turned out I just needed to drink something. 

If your doctor thought there was ANY chance that you had a brain tumor, or something else neurologically wrong, they would send you for a scan.  My doctor knows I'm a massive hypochondriac, but when he gave me a neuro test and there was a *slight* problem with it, he said it was probably nothing but he was sending me to a neurologist just in case.  (It did turn out to be nothing - I wasn't sent for a scan; no cause was found, but the neuro was just totally unconcerned and more interested in discussing anxiety treatments with me.)   Doctors aren't going to screw around with things like that, and they know what to look for. 
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:04:20 AM »
what will a scan actually solve?

I am sure your answer will be that it will prove you don't have a brain tumor and you will no longer be anxious and your life will be just fine.  You will go on to live a 'normal' life with no more health anxiety.

However that is a load of poo.  :yes:     One of two things will happen with a scan, 1.  you will doubt the scan.  it missed it, the doc read it wrong or "Hey ct scans are not perfect.  I should have had a contrasted MRI. OMG I NEED an MRI."  OR 2. your anxious thinking will move to a new disease fear not covered by the scan.  It may be an hour or two days or a week or month or year, but it will happen. There is evidence of this everyday here.  Peruse some posts and you will see that it is true.  Or post a thread asking how many med tests people have had here and how did it solve  their anxiety disorder.  **** I will admit there are at least a couple of members here who treat med testing as a valid coping mechanism.  They see it as solving the disorder.  AND hey, if that is what they want to tell themselves--that they are functioning well--well then more power to them going for test after test and having $$$ med bills****** But ask yourself is that an emotionally healthy way to live???

Getting a scan will not help you.  Health anxious just don't get better by reassurance med testing (and that is all that your mind is looking for here.  there is ZERO evidence you have a tumor).   

Docs are concerned about weight loss because that is a serious thing.  However the weight loss, I bet, will ultimately come down to your anxiety disorder.

Peeps don't get better until they work on the actual issue going on.

You do not fix a broken car by taking it to a plumber.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:20:18 PM »

"Yeah But" my plumber works on cars as a hobby and he said.....  ;)

Great quote btw! ***files away for future use***

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Online sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 12:28:02 PM »

"Yeah But" my plumber works on cars as a hobby and he said.....  ;)

Great quote btw! ***files away for future use***

Positive thoughts

**SIGH**  there is a smarta$$ in every crowd     :P  ;D   

Have a good day fishmanpa   :action-smiley-065:     
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: