Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Slowly starting to have a major freak out - please help  (Read 102 times)

Offline cameronj

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Slowly starting to have a major freak out - please help
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:58:41 PM »
I'm currently having a freak out. I went for a 2 mile run and everything was great besides some minor chest tightness at the very end, but once I got home my upper left back and shoulder started feeling kind of bizarre. It's not so much as pain, but more like a weird tingly feeling accompanied with some discomfort. I made the mistake of googling it and it said that it could be anything from muscle soreness to an impending heart issue. I know I shouldn't be concerned about my heart since I spent my whole summer being convinced that I was going to have a heart issue (obviously never happened), have had 2 normal EKGs (a little over a year ago), a normal chest x-ray (3 weeks ago), normal blood pressure and cholesterol, I'm only 21, and exercise regularly. I thought that I was finally over this stupid fear, but it's starting to come back right now and I'm really freaking out. My coloring is fine and I don't have any symptoms of a heart issue other than my shoulder/back discomfort. I really hope that I don't need to go to the ER for this. Can someone please please give me some reassurance
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Slowly starting to have a major freak out - please help
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:09:50 PM »
Take a moment and to the best of your ability relax.  You're quite young to have any heart issues and with your history of clean tests its most likely stress or a muscle issue.  Try some advil and get a good nights sleep.

In the morning, please let us know how you made out!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: