Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How long does it take for muscles to heal from anxiety?  (Read 146 times)

Offline Bama0900

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How long does it take for muscles to heal from anxiety?
« on: August 30, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »
I started to feel tingling in my left leg last week and then I started twitch all over my body and he tingling sensation spread all over. I started to ache all over my body for days. I had arm pain, chest/rib pain, leg pain, headaches, chin pain, and eye pain. On Wednesday I was sleeping until my chest got tight and I couldn't breathe! I felt like I was dying. After I could breathe, my whole body was twitching rapidly for 5 minutes. I feel better now but I can still feel a lil pain in my thighs and calfs and I still have minor twitches. How long does it take for your body and muscles to heal from anxiety??
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How long does it take for muscles to heal from anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum . . . we are glad that you choose to come by and be part of the group . . .

When anxiety affects our physical body with the symptoms you describe, it takes a while for the body to heal. But, there is not set schedule as we are all different . . . .for me, muscle discomfort / pain is often relieved by soaking in a hot bath with Epsom Salts for about 20 minutes . . . it tends to relieve the tension . . .

Now, if you are having anxiousness or anxiety episodes, then you may want to consider getting some type of professional intervention to help you identify the root causes and manage the body's reactions . . . in the meantime, check out your lifestyle in terms of what you are eating, if you are getting exercise (and it does not have to be preparing for the next Ironman challenge), perhaps using mindfulness to help calm the mind, etc.

There are loads of good suggestions in prior posts and I am sure that many on this forum will suggest them to you again.

Glad you came by, do let us know how you are doing, and remember that dealing with anxiety is deciding on what suits us the best as individuals . . . . but we are more than willing to share our experiences as you have shared yours . . .thanks for that, take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: