Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi all, it seems we have a lot in common  (Read 115 times)

Offline Chrisb

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi all, it seems we have a lot in common
« on: August 30, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »
Hi all,

I made it to this site by googling while on holiday about anxiety during a panic attack.
I've had anxiety and panic attacks for approx 20 years, starting out with having a fear of not getting to a toilet....so all through school all my teachers knew the situation and I would have a key to the closest toilet. This fear has carried on through to this day....I always have to know exactly where the nearest toilet is. On planes, the fear of me needing the toilet when it's an impossibility to go, like at takeoff scares me to the point I can't think straight. Most travel does scare me, minibuses, trains without toilets, taxis stuck in traffic .... All the 'what ifs' I've heard on this site, what if I need to go and can't.

I then have gone through in more recent years health anxiety that if I'm not in my comfort zone and feel the slightest twinge in my chest, I'm having a heart attack, a sore throat, it's going to close up and not allow me to breathe and will I get to hospital in time....cancer, aids...if I've heard of it I've probably thought I've had it at some point!

I am on holiday now, and have slept very little...had panic attacks roughly 10 times a day from anything from travelling in a taxi to sitting having dinner. The way I feel right now, I don't even know what I'm worried about before I start to have a panic attack then it's as if I look for things to worry about...my chest feels tight, what if I faint....

It's steadily got worse and I have got myself very down. I worry all the time, am more scared about things I wouldn't have thought twice about before.  I've lost all confidence and it's now affecting work (travelling and attending meetings), my girlfriend surely doesn't want to sit in the house all day every day and be persuaded to do less on holiday, and I feel very down and negative with all areas of my life because of this.

I still haven't been the doctor but I will when I get home. At the moment I listen to relaxation meditation tapes, and take Bach rescue remedy (but don't know if that really helps me).....

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I know it's very long, but this is the first time I've ever actually spoken out about it.

Chris
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi all, it seems we have a lot in common
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 04:30:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline jjZauis

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi all, it seems we have a lot in common
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:40:45 PM »
Hi Chris!   I hope you're able to enjoy the rest of your holiday, but yes it certainly sounds like we have a lot in common where anxiety is concerned.   Talking to people on here who are going though the same thing has helped me so much.  I've been on this site for a couple of months now and between coming on here and seeing a doctor for anxiety things have gotten a lot better.   Talking to other people here is a great tool!    Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: