Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mouth/throat cancer and/or infection/sinus problem  (Read 239 times)

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Mouth/throat cancer and/or infection/sinus problem
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »
Hello guys! Im back again with a old concern but a bit more detailed...
Since  what seems forever my throat has been weird.
Ive had swallow problems, a feeling of something stuck.
Brown spit/slime, and a hollow feeling like, my throat isnt here..  On the outside of my throat it feels like, i get less and less muscle/tissue under my skin. And when i feel my throat/adams apple from the outside i can almost swear it changes shape/gets smaller and changes from soft to hard occationaly.
All these things have been constant for about well.. Since october 2013
 I was at throat doctor in may and said nothing was wrong. But i feel like it got worse. Or else i just havnt noticed it before. (I do smoke for about 4 years now)
Im 19 years old. Yesterday morning i woke up with a sore and dry throat. It got worse and worse through the day and when i coughed it hurt like sandpaper through my throat/lungs every single time.
My spit/slime went from brown jelly to green jelly on just one night. I woke up today again and it was a bit calmed with pain and such but as the day gets longer the pain and such gets worse.
I sometimes get jaw/ear pain.
For about 5+ years i have always (summer and winter) have had always One side of my nose blocked. Constantly. There have been very few days where i havnt had atleast one side of my nose blocked.

Im going to link 2 pictures of how my throat looks and id like to say im alot embarrased of it and scared it could be something serious. I dont know if any other throat pretty much looks like this because i havnt got a chance to ask anyone else to make me look down their throat... Seems pretty weird? o.O
Iknow throat cancer is pretty much unseen in teens but the fear is still there.

http://prntscr.com/4hylce
http://prntscr.com/4hymb0
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mouth/throat cancer and/or infection/sinus problem
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »
Any thoughts please? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 07:37:53 PM »
>< anyone...
Thanks qq
Bookmark and Share

Offline potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 10:03:28 PM »
Hi Nichlas,
The fact that you saw a throat doctor (ENT?) in May and got a clean bill of health should reassure you.  Many of us are having throat problems right now and my guess is that at least some of it migt be related to fall allergies which are gearing up to be really bad this year (my doctor said this to me las week). The nasal stuffiness is something that I've had for years too and it's so annoying. 

A couple of things to try -
1.  Stop smoking.   Nothing good will ever come from this.  Ever.
2.  Try a nasal spray like Nasonex for the stuffiness.  It is often helpful.
3.  Do over the counter decongestents or sinus meds work for you?   Sometimes I take them and it does help for a while.

Hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 12:27:38 PM »
Hi Nichlas,
The fact that you saw a throat doctor (ENT?) in May and got a clean bill of health should reassure you.  Many of us are having throat problems right now and my guess is that at least some of it migt be related to fall allergies which are gearing up to be really bad this year (my doctor said this to me las week). The nasal stuffiness is something that I've had for years too and it's so annoying. 

A couple of things to try -
1.  Stop smoking.   Nothing good will ever come from this.  Ever.
2.  Try a nasal spray like Nasonex for the stuffiness.  It is often helpful.
3.  Do over the counter decongestents or sinus meds work for you?   Sometimes I take them and it does help for a while.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your reply!

Im not sure what ENT is suppose to be or if its how he checked me?
He looked into my throat with a flashlight at first and then i got a thin camera through my nose down into my throat. I suppose he wouldve seen if there was anything at all!
And i guess cancer does not grow so fast on a few months(as ive read)

It could be allergies and i hope its something like that!
Im trying to quit smoking but its very hard! Also my pdoc have told me that atm it was stupid for me to quit smoking because of stress and my anxiety/obsessions would get worse.
I will try such a spray asap. Its handbuy medicin?

Ive never taken pills for allergies so i wouldn know :/
Only medicin im taking is D vitamin and ADHD meds

Thanks again for your reply
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »
Nasal sprays that are medicated (the over the counter ones) work wonders for me with those issues.  And I do agree that you should keep trying to quit smoking.  It really does wonders for your health, and probably your HA too. 
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 01:04:12 PM »
Hi Nichlas,

I have children not much older than you and I'm telling you what I told them. My daughter suffers from anxiety. I've had head and neck cancer. I've had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and stents. I'm 55yo.It's  your body and your life and YOU make the choices that will affect it in a positive or negative way.

Smoking and anxiety, especially in light of your post, makes absolutely no sense. You've had medical professionals give you the all clear.
If you continue to smoke, you WILL have real health issues. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow or a year from now but it WILL affect your health in a negative way. If you take one thing out of all the help people are throwing your way, take this advice. I'm living proof that it's bad for you!

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 01:12:54 PM »
Hi Nichlas,

I have children not much older than you and I'm telling you what I told them. My daughter suffers from anxiety. I've had head and neck cancer. I've had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and stents. I'm 55yo.It's  your body and your life and YOU make the choices that will affect it in a positive or negative way.

Smoking and anxiety, especially in light of your post, makes absolutely no sense. You've had medical professionals give you the all clear.
If you continue to smoke, you WILL have real health issues. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow or a year from now but it WILL affect your health in a negative way. If you take one thing out of all the help people are throwing your way, take this advice. I'm living proof that it's bad for you!

Positive thoughts

LISTEN TO THIS MAN.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »
I am listening and although my pdoc said i shouldn stop because of my mental health atm my normal doc does say the opposide. I have even though pdoc said not to, been trying to quit!
Its hard but possible :-)
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 05:51:15 PM »
I can't imagine a doctor telling you not to quit due to your anxiety but I've heard stranger things. You fear mouth and throat cancer yet you smoke? I have a phobia about bees and wasps but you won't see me playing with them! ;)

Good luck and positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Tags: