Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Seizures  (Read 201 times)

Offline Jonnysmith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Seizures
« on: August 30, 2014, 05:18:11 AM »
I am pretty sure I am suffering from simple partial seizures, I have had these on and off for years but over last 12 months it has become more frequent. I get these really intense deja vu moments or recalled memories that completely stop me in my tracks, I am conscious throughout but I feel like I am stuck in either a dream or memory from the past, it happens almost everyday but been happening more frequently. I am scared as I have watched a lot of videos and read a lot online of this being a form of epileosy which could get much worse. I have heard frequent deja vu is definitely epilepsy, what do I do as I have had am MRI and EEG but both came back fine however I have been told this doesn't mean anything. Can anyone help has anyone experienced deja vu a lot? Please help I am worried sick. I know I have posted this before and people have given me great advice but its happening more often now.

Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Seizures
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 06:35:51 AM »
Sounds more like depersonalization to me. Which is just another symptom of anxiety. It is dream life. You can feel distant from things. Like nothing around you is real. It is kind of freaky. Can frighten some people if they have no idea what it really is. Like you are thinking seizures. Which is probably a big fear of yours. I don't think it is a seizure are all. Depersonalization is very common with anxiety. What you described fits in well with it. One of those things that once you learn how to handle it, it does become a whole lot easier. There is no magic cure for it. I used to have it for years. With me it simply just vanished. I got used to it. To the point were it was not a problem any longer. At first I would worry about it. Thus is continued on. I had left the house and come back and had no memory of ever been out at all. That is how bad it got at one point. But the less I began to worry about it, the less it began to happen. Till it simply just stopped.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 06:46:05 AM »
Thanks for great advice it's very comforting to hear its just the memories and deja vu pop out of nowhere and frequent and it leaves in a bit of a trance or daydream is this normal? I am scared I will go into a seizure because I have read this so many times about epilepsy
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 10:26:56 AM »
So why am I getting frequent deja vu feelings even in my sleep which wake me up? It is uncommon to get deja vu so it must be a form of epilepsy
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 12:00:05 PM »
respectfully, you've been going on about all of this for many months.  You have seen a neuro already and had tests that came back normal.   I know you don't believe the results and you have decided it is epilepsy.  From my perspective the only thing left for you to do in your pursuit of a seizure diagnosis is to find a neurologist who agrees with your assessment.  From there you can be put on anti-seizure medications.  There are dozens of such medications, (with new ones being approved often).  I am sure one will be able to stop your 'seizures'.  Some of these same medications are used for people with serious anxiety disorders..  Perhaps you will be prescribed one of those.

good luck with your pursuit of a neurologist who agrees with your assessment.  Let us  know how things turn out.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 04:16:57 PM »
Not too sure whether your post sixpack is tongue in cheek, your convincing me that these maybe seizures because like I keep saying deja vu is uncommon frequently isn't it? You know it's a fear of mine
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »
Not too sure whether your post sixpack is tongue in cheek, your convincing me that these maybe seizures because like I keep saying deja vu is uncommon frequently isn't it? You know it's a fear of mine

What I see is someone who has had these fears for several months (yes, I read back through your posts), and has had medical professionals and testing rule out any physical reason for your symptoms. What does that leave? What type of forum are you posting on? What you're describing is a typical manifestation of anxiety disorder. The sooner you come to grips with it and treat the real issue, the sooner you'll gain a grip of how to deal with it properly.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 11:51:36 PM »

I have spoken to you many, MANY times on this subject.  It is absolutely crystal clear that I am not convincing you of anything.  Any convincing that is happening around here is what you have done ALL on your own.   You have chosen to believe you are having seizures.   AND yes that is what you have done CHOSEN by your actions--consciously and subconsciously.  So, no, my other post to you wasn't tongue in cheek.  I meant just what I said.  You believe you have epilepsy.   Logic/Rationality dictates one should always advocate for oneself.   In as much as you believe you have epilepsy, your only course of action is to hunt down a doctor who agrees with your self diagnosis.   The only issue in all of this is ------- is logic and rational thinking really what is in control here?
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: