Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to venlafaxine ... Bit scared  (Read 87 times)

Offline Graysons mummy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to venlafaxine ... Bit scared
« on: August 30, 2014, 04:46:29 AM »
I got prescribed venlafaxine a few days ago for my anxiety and depression
I was on sertraline for 3 weeks prior but I was a mess on it , the first 2 weeks I was fine but then week 3 my anxiety hit new levels and u was an emotional wreck , I've also tried citalopram in the past but wasent eating on it at all hence why my doc gave up in ssris and changed me to snris
Took my first venlafaxine this morning after food as was told so to early to tell of any side affects yet but I will say I am a little petrified .. I've got a 5 month old dependant baby so I'm praying these work
Does anybody have any stories of their experiences with venlafaxine to share ?
Much appreciated x
Bookmark and Share

Offline carly

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to venlafaxine ... Bit scared
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 02:34:50 PM »
Hi there! I do have an experience to share wit you! I was on celexa for many years before it pooped out and then tried sertraline (zoloft) made me worse, then effexor.  I had started low and worked up to 187.5,  and after months on that dose, I became more stable. I didn't have horrid side effects either than being  a bit jittery. I decided to switch to cipralex in hopes to find more beneficial,  ( as I was really more scared of the withdrawls) only to find that cipralex is not effective for my anxiety like I had hoped. The effexor withdrawls weren't too bad either. I'm now pondering going back to effexor and staying put. I hope it does well for you!! Take care, Lisa
Bookmark and Share

Tags: