Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just want the thoughts to go away :(  (Read 135 times)

Offline kittykat22

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • trying to stay positive
    • Poke This Member
Just want the thoughts to go away :(
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:51:38 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I have been dealing with severe anxiety and depression for the past 10 years,I just recently (past 2 years) have started having obsessive intrusive thoughts that seem to occur when I start feeling anxious/on edge. Thoughts about bad things that I want to happen to me (But not really, I dont want to be thinking these thoughts in the first place) and then after having such thoughts, I get an extreme panic attack out of fear that what I thought is going to come true. It is really scary and just recently has gotten much worse, to the point where its racing bad thoughts and the only thing to calm my mind is to take my clonezapam. I want to go on an anti depressant to even out my anxiety, but because of past bad experiences with meds, I am reluctant to try another one. I guess I'm just at a loss : ( and just wish I knew why these thoughts enter my mind :[ Any insight would be helpful. thanks.
Bookmark and Share
we all carry these things inside that no one else can see, they hold us down like anchors, they drown us out at sea.

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just want the thoughts to go away :(
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »
My wife is a long time pharmacist and she said you may have to try a number of medications to see which one works for you.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just want the thoughts to go away :(
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I have been dealing with severe anxiety and depression for the past 10 years,I just recently (past 2 years) have started having obsessive intrusive thoughts that seem to occur when I start feeling anxious/on edge. Thoughts about bad things that I want to happen to me (But not really, I dont want to be thinking these thoughts in the first place) and then after having such thoughts, I get an extreme panic attack out of fear that what I thought is going to come true. It is really scary and just recently has gotten much worse, to the point where its racing bad thoughts and the only thing to calm my mind is to take my clonazepam.

I want to go on an anti depressant to even out my anxiety, but because of past bad experiences with meds, I am reluctant to try another one. I guess I'm just at a loss : ( and just wish I knew why these thoughts enter my mind :[ Any insight would be helpful. thanks.

Hi,

I can totally relate,

The klonopin (clonazepam) will help your anxiety, but will not do anything for your OCD.

I had Panic Disorder/GAD/OCD "Intrusive Thoughts"

Yes, I had some success with CBT - but very limited when it comes OCD.  OCD- is almost always a biological problem, and many AD/SSRIs will improve and  even remove this OCD "Intrusive Thoughts" - like it did for me!

The reason in simple terms "Your brain is like a radio receiver (brain receptors)- and it is receiving interference (weird, ugly thoughts, just pop in and don't go away).  Science has found a "Reception Booster for your Radio (brain receptors) to block this interference (unwanted ugly thoughts)".  It does this by repairing damaged and/or increasing the number of receptors (serotonin) in your brain back to normal healthy levels.

Since, you have anxiety and depression for the last 2 years, you may want to seriously reconsider taking an SSRI.

Most people, including myself had terrible initial side effects when starting an AD, but the truth, if done correctly and slowly it can be fairly easy to tolerate and keep the initial 2 weeks of side-effects to a minimum.

If you are willing to consider taking an AD for the OCD - not so much for anxiety, even though it will also help your anxiety in the long term.  I can personally tell you that this one of the best choices I ever made, that removed these OCD- Intrusive thoughts, and  helped me move on and enjoy my life. (get married, have many friends, get a great job, and feel confident and strong) - which cannot be purchased at any price...

I have used over 10+ different AD/SSRI over the last 20 years, so I am very familiar with them.

In most cases, if the "Intrusive thoughts" keep getting worse, you will (like I did) seriously consider doing whatever you need to do with your doctors (psychiatrist) help to get rid of these - terrible and insidious thoughts, that just won't stop!

We have a lot of helpful people here,who has also battled with this, so you are not alone.

I would be happy to answer any of your questions or concerns about the medications, in hopes you will eventually seek treatment to improve your life and be happy again, without living with this unneeded anxiety.

Let us know, we are here to help!   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: