Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis?  (Read 111 times)

Offline saffron

• Dare to be different
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sleep Paralysis?
« on: August 29, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »
I had a really strange experience last night.

After waking up from a really bad dream around 3:00 AM, I was feeling pretty anxious. Not enough to have a full on panic attack, but enough to make me not want to fall back asleep. My body was just so tired and so exhausted though. I eventually did fall back asleep, but something rather creepy happened first. Do you guys know that feeling where you're right on the edge of conciousness and falling asleep, where you're not totally awake, but you're not totally asleep yet either? I somehow found myself...trapped sort of, in that state, with almost full awareness. I could see my room around me, but when I tried to move my arms and legs, they wouldn't budge. It was like the signals my brain was sending just weren't reaching my arms and legs. I could feel my eyes blinking really fast too. It was like trying to fight some unknown force for control of my limbs. :( Luckily it only lasted for a minute or so. The eerie feeling from it is still haunting me though, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else on here has had a similar experience.

I've done some research, and found that sleep paralysis is actually a thing that can happen. It only lasts for a few minutes at most, but it's definitely scary for people who have never experienced it before. Have any of you ever had this or similar experiences before?
Bookmark and Share

Offline adamb

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sleep Paralysis?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 03:20:37 PM »
Yes, i've had it multiple times. It's pretty common actually. Most people will experience it atleast once in their life.

Try not to worry about it. It tends to happen when you are stressed and exhausted. Other than it being terrifying, its harmless. I know this isn't the best thing to hear, but it's something that you just have to try and forget about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Esthella

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sleep Paralysis?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 07:58:44 AM »
Hi I have this relatively often. I had three strong ones, and two weaker ones that I can remember. The first time it serieusly freaked me out and did not talk to anyone. But I read about it during a assignment in class. I was kind of happy that it had a name and that I was not the only one. Plus I started talking about it alot of people that I know have had it. My brother, a good friend of mine and a friend of my brother.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: