Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Neck tension, back of neck lump?  (Read 129 times)

Offline shuttterbug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Neck tension, back of neck lump?
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »
Hi everyone, hoping I can get some comfort before I start freaking out. My neck has felt very strange lately.. especially tightness in the front. I was diagnosed two years ago with a benign thyroid cyst so i thought maybe it had to do with that. Well as I've been feeling around my neck I noticed the back of my neck has been very tense as well. And upon further discovery, I noticed the base of my skull/top of my neck feels like it has a hard lump next to my spine...especially when I turn my head left and right. I looked up anatomy pics but only got more confused because it almost feels as hard as bone. I don't have any other unusual symptoms, have not been sick. When i sit straight i cant feel the "knots/lumps"

Anyone else have hard lumps behind their neck/base of skull area?
Bookmark and Share

Offline shuttterbug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Neck tension, back of neck lump?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 09:17:54 PM »
Does anyone have any idea? I don't want to google :( I already kind of did yesterday and I get scared its lymph nodes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smitten

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Neck tension, back of neck lump?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 10:07:14 PM »
Tense muscles can feel like knots under the skin. I have those, so I should know. Also, benign fatty tumors are very common in a lot of people. I had one on my thigh that I worried about for a year or more. I finally asked a doctor and he said, benign fatty tumor - said he had them himself and most people do. It wouldn't hurt to ask. It's probably nothing but it will make you feel better to ask.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: