Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: recurring episodes of anxiety  (Read 124 times)

Offline B-Rye

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
recurring episodes of anxiety
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:26:52 PM »
I was diagnosed with GAD about 5 years ago, but have been dealing with anxiety for 10+ years.  I was wondering if anyone else here has the experience of feeling fairly "normal" most of the time, but 1-2 times per year develop moderate to severe episodes of anxiety with GI distress, racing thoughts, sleep issues.  Sometimes life experiences provoke the episodes, sometimes not.  Each episode lasts 3-4 weeks, gradually getting less severe as time goes by.  As soon as the episode passes, I can go a full year without much trouble (with the exception of the typical GAD excessive worrying).  Anyone else have a similar manifestation of GAD?
Bookmark and Share

Offline shanlee80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: recurring episodes of anxiety
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »
Yes. I am dealing with this right now. I can go a while and feel great, and then something will send me in a tailspin. Im trying real hard to pep talk myself through this, knowing I have made it through this before.  But, its so hard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chook

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 05:35:27 AM »
this is something that happens to me also,
are you on any meds to help with your anxiety? I am but I seem to get these flair ups of anxiety i seem to be worse i think in the winter, my anxiety can get pretty bad were i cant eat sleep or function properly its not a nice feeling at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline B-Rye

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 01:11:41 PM »
I've been on and off Zoloft for 10 years. I was never convinced it did anything to help with my anxiety, but I can tell over the past year of being on it consistently that it has helped significantly. I also take seroquel when I am having sleep issues, which works amazingly well.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: