Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hantavirus Day 16  (Read 263 times)

Offline myth2ks

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hantavirus Day 16
« on: August 29, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
About 1-2 weeks ago, I posted my concerns of Hantavirus. I have been having terrible anxiety, loss of appetite, fatigue, mild stomaches, mild headaches, dry mouth, dry cough, winded feeling in chest when sitting. This "incubation period" is killing me and it's getting through my head. I have called my state health department, county health department, my local town hall, and have been visiting a doctor every week. The doctor tells me he does not have it, but he lives near the suburb and the city, and he's never encountered a case of the virus. So I plan to go to low-income clinic near me and ask for their opinion. But the thing is I haven't had any high fever (highest maybe up to 99.2F). So I'm thinking wait it out till you get that fever, but.......

Today, I woke up to anxiety/increase heart rate out of no where, and I tried going back to sleep (was not peaceful), but I can feel the my chest beating fast and woke up earlier than I should. After that, my mouth was dry and I was spitting loogies with light brown mucus (kind of blood color).

I bought an Choicemmed C29 Pulse Oximeter and Braun thermoscan to monitor my symptoms, because the moment I get a fever or short of breath (below 90% SpO2) then I am heading to the ER or hospital.

What do you guys think? (I live near Boulder County, CO)

Here is the post from weeks ago: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?topic=93371.0
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 24
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hantavirus Day 16
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:40:13 PM »
I think you'd be pretty ill or gone by now if you had the virus. Buying those devices just enforces the hyper vigilance and amplifies your anxiety.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Raaawr

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:42:22 PM »
I think you'd be pretty ill or gone by now if you had the virus. Buying those devices just enforces the hyper vigilance and amplifies your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Exactly what this post says. By buying these items to monitor your symptoms you are only feeding your anxiety and making it worse
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline myth2ks

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »

Positive thoughts

Yeah, you are right, but I just want that assurance that I don't have it since the incubation period is 1-6 weeks. Colorado has the second most cases in the states to have the virus.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 24
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »

Positive thoughts

Yeah, you are right, but I just want that assurance that I don't have it since the incubation period is 1-6 weeks. Colorado has the second most cases in the states to have the virus.

And East St Louis has the highest murder rate in the US but it doesn't mean you'll be murdered if you live there.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Online JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 06:08:21 PM »
There will never be enough assurance to ease your anxiety because the problem is the anxiety itself and not the incubation period or the virus or anything else. All of the items you bought are just feeding the troll on your back, the anxiety. After this Hantavirus thing wanes off, it will be something else and that's why you can't treat the ailment you think you have but instead you have to treat the anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 09:40:54 PM »
Hantavirus?  How did that fear come about?  99.2 isn't a fever.  It's a normal body temp. 
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline myth2ks

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 11:39:06 PM »
Hantavirus?  How did that fear come about?  99.2 isn't a fever.  It's a normal body temp.

I was cleaning an enclosed cabinet that hasn't been cleaned for a while, so I got my vacuum and started to clean the infested mouse nests, feces, and urine. I read somewhere that you should NOT use a vacuum to clean mouse droppings, etc. Now I am feeling symptoms of moderate stomach pain, mild headache, and fatigue. Other symptoms also include dry cough, dry mouth, and chest winded feeling. I have taken over the counter medications such as generic zantac w/ alka seltzer, and such. I am still getting mild to moderate abdominal pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 06:23:44 AM »
It's in your head.  Do you know how few cases are reported annually? Not many. And do you know how many people are exposed to rodent droppings? Many.  So, are you going to wait another 3 weeks before you live?  Or sit around wringing your hands for another three weeks?  The good news is that the choice is yours.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline sickofworry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 11:49:53 PM »
Also, just so you know you don't have to monitor symptoms because if you are sick with Hantavirus it will be obvious that something is seriously wrong. It is a sudden onset, febrile illness.  That means you don't start out with a slight fever that creeps up,  you get whipped in the head with a 103+ fever and feel like a truck ran over you, backed up and ran over you again.  People die in days with it, sometimes hours.  Hantavirus is one of my trigger illnesses as well, so I completely understand your fear. I actually am so afraid of it that we sold our house to get away from our house which was infested with stinking mice.  Honestly the place needs to be torn down they were so bad but the buyers said they didn't  care. A few droppings in a cabinet? I had to mop our floor daily because every morning there would be droppings all around the room, on the counters, you name it.  Couldn't use our dressers because they would get in there.  Couldn't use our cabinets. I freaking HATED that house and honestly was ready to burn it if my husband hadn't finally sold it!!! The absolute last straw was when they got in the crown moulding along the ceiling and dropping were rolling down the freaking wall!!!!! And we found out we were having a little one about that time so I was like no freaking way I am staying here!!!!  No that I have grossed everyone out!
Bookmark and Share

Offline myth2ks

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 12:03:53 AM »
Also, just so you know you don't have to monitor symptoms because if you are sick with Hantavirus it will be obvious that something is seriously wrong. It is a sudden onset, febrile illness.  That means you don't start out with a slight fever that creeps up,  you get whipped in the head with a 103+ fever and feel like a truck ran over you, backed up and ran over you again.  People die in days with it, sometimes hours.  Hantavirus is one of my trigger illnesses as well, so I completely understand your fear. I actually am so afraid of it that we sold our house to get away from our house which was infested with stinking mice.  Honestly the place needs to be torn down they were so bad but the buyers said they didn't  care. A few droppings in a cabinet? I had to mop our floor daily because every morning there would be droppings all around the room, on the counters, you name it.  Couldn't use our dressers because they would get in there.  Couldn't use our cabinets. I freaking HATED that house and honestly was ready to burn it if my husband hadn't finally sold it!!! The absolute last straw was when they got in the crown moulding along the ceiling and dropping were rolling down the freaking wall!!!!! And we found out we were having a little one about that time so I was like no freaking way I am staying here!!!!  No that I have grossed everyone out!

OMG I am currently in the same situation as you were in because this house I am living in.... I hate with a passion. I wish I could get out of this house as fast as I can, but my father loves this house. It's like secluded from neighborhoods, and its very old so mouse infestation is not surprised thing in this house. We have been living in this house for 6 years, and it just stresses me out. I just need to get over this fear of the Hantavirus, and the anxiety is killing me.

I heard that you can get better from the initial symptoms and still go into the late phase. According to this site, http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001382.htm

I don't have a fever, but I do have abdominal pain specifically on the right side. Could be from sudden 10 lbs weight loss and loss of appetite.
Bookmark and Share