Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lost all feelings for everyone can anyone relate ?  (Read 114 times)

Offline Graysons mummy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lost all feelings for everyone can anyone relate ?
« on: August 29, 2014, 01:18:05 PM »
After suffering horrible health anxiety following the birth of my little boy ( which has now subsided ) I'm suffering general anxiety 24/7 and depression following some very stressful events which have taken place in the past 5 months ... I had to move out of home into my mums and 3 weeks ago all I wanted was my partner by my side and cried every night at the thought of loosing him and my baby but now I just feel numb , I feel no love towards my baby or my partner and get really anxious and annoyed at the thought of seeing him or facing going home ... I don't think about him at all at the moment or anybody for that matter and I'm so scared I've fallen out of love with him when 3 weeks ago I couldent imagine my life without him and he hasen't done anything wrong to make me feel this way ... Before anybody goes on about medication and therapy I have therapy in place ( anger management , emotional coping , family therapy etc ) I'm also due to start venlafaxine tomorrow after no luck with sertraline ..... Has anybody else felt this way towards loves ones ? I'm praying it's the anxiety and depression and it is something that can be overcome , it's ruining my life
Bookmark and Share

Online worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lost all feelings for everyone can anyone relate ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:37:41 PM »
Mummy, have you talked to any doctors?  Could it be some kind of post partem depression?

As for GAD 24/7, I can speak to that as I suffered through it for 6 hellacious months recently.  The GAD has been in remission (or I've recovered) for the past 2 months.  Klonopin, ACT therapy and buddhist chanting helped me break through.  And yes, when I had GAD I did lose feeling or connection with loved ones.  It was a bit like social anxiety.  But when I'd be with them, it's like l could only feel 40% of the intimacy I used to feel.  Now that I'm recovered, all the feelings have returned.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: