Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dizziness...  (Read 125 times)

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Dizziness...
« on: August 29, 2014, 11:59:26 AM »
I have felt like I'm bobbing/swaying on a boat for 6 months, along with this my right sinus is constantly plugged and my right ear sometimes feels full. I also notice that when this is happening my eyes get sore and kind of jumpy and my neck cracks and crunches a lot and the muscles get very tight. I've been seeing my dr about it and she was stumped so she sent me to an ottoneurologist who barely listened to my symptoms and when he did listen came up with his own version of what I'm describing (I passed the neurological exam) and said he is going to roll with me having Ménière's disease .... But I googled Ménière's disease and I don't match this symptoms at all. Wth? Has anyone else had these symptoms chronically and figured out what it is? I am booked in with my dr next week to get a referral to an ENT as I absolutely 100% so not think I have Ménière's disease.
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dizziness...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 02:38:41 PM »
I hate to say this, but for me the dizziness has always meant anxiety.  I went for about 9 months of dizziness before I was able to be convinced it was anxiety.  Once I went on Lexapro, after a short time the dizziness subsided.  I'm not sure if you are on meds or not, but i DO know it's an awful symptom of anxiety.

Sounds also like you actually have a sinus issue, and I'm sure the ENT can help you out with that!

Let us know what answers you get from the ENT!

Hope you feel much better soon! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 04:17:04 PM »
Sounds like either Migraine Associated Vertigo (nope, dont need headaches to get this diagnosis) or Mal de Debarquement Syndrome. I have both, and for me, the MAV means tension headaches, episodic spin attacks, and head fullness.  The mdds came on a few years later spontaneously (didnt get it after a motion event), but PROBABLY as a result of mav. Experts often see a strong connection between the two disorders.  Mdds to me is the constant disequilibrium while stationary, and getting relief doing things like driving.  Sorry, not trying to diagnose you, but just wanted to share my all too familiar experience and to say you definitely dont sound like a Menieres case (or any inner ear case)! Like the other poster said, anxiety is my main trigger for this mess.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 04:19:02 PM »
Had this feeling as well and it turned out to be my sinuses. Ent should give you meds and I would ask for a ct scan too. Sinuses can cause these symptoms. I do not think you have an inner ear diseases like Mineres. Sinuses can cause same symptoms like swaying, rocking, floor movement. I bet you got sinus infection. 
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: