Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Orange redish streaks on stool  (Read 217 times)

Offline DaxeUK

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Orange redish streaks on stool
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:12:12 AM »
GROSS ALERT!!

Hi, ive noticed in my last 2 bowel movements the odd mainly orange redish streaks on my stool - it looks like its apart of the mucus and not on the stool but i know mucus shouldnt be that colour. Im stressing its something sinister.
No idea if food can do this, i know i eate some custard tuesday night which has annato in it but i didnt expect todays to have the same streaks, does anyone else get this from time to time??! Sorry to be graphic!

Thanks in advance :)
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 31
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Orange redish streaks on stool
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »
Just a question... do you eat corn? ;) See where I'm going? No need to elaborate further.

Positive thoughts and poo threads!
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:36:35 AM »
Nooo no corn unfortunately ;)
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:09:18 PM »
Are you SURE it's orangy in color?  Not to be gross, but when you worry about things you CHECK... I had the same thing, the poo was brown and it looked streaked in an orangy color, so I "retrieved" it and it was merely light brown colored poo mixed in with mucus.  The water in the toilet distorted the colors.  Once when I ate a LOT of cake with blue and green food coloring my mucus was a BRIGHT green!  So the mucus is usually a much lighter color than the poo itself.  It's rarely just plain white or clear.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 31
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
Are you SURE it's orangy in color?  Not to be gross, but when you worry about things you CHECK... I had the same thing, the poo was brown and it looked streaked in an orangy color, so I "retrieved" it and it was merely light brown colored poo mixed in with mucus.  The water in the toilet distorted the colors.  Once when I ate a LOT of cake with blue and green food coloring my mucus was a BRIGHT green!  So the mucus is usually a much lighter color than the poo itself.  It's rarely just plain white or clear.

B-; Things that make you say "NOPE!" ;)

Positive thoughts and poo threads
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 03:08:10 PM »
Bright green!  B-; wow - alien poop
Id prefer green least id know I wasn't potentially bleeding somewhere. Yea defo orangey red, I was in a bit of a panic that I cant 100% confirm it was red but pretty sure it was.
It was in the mucus and was liquid, didn't seem to be within the stool or on it directly. Im sure its nothing but that sorta of crap excuse the pun scares me to hell and sends my HA into over drive.

I have read in a few places people with IBS can get orange mucus but this wasn't really the mucus it was more a streak of something in a few places across the stools :(
Hoping it goes away for future ones and its just diet related. I did once upon a time have a black streak similar and that I figured was to much iron food but never came back so fingers crossed im just being ott
Bookmark and Share

Offline atleswoolf

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 07:30:09 PM »
I'll just tell you what my own GP told me about stool -- the only times to worry are when the stools are either black or white.  Anything in between is largely okay, according to her.  I've sometimes found that my stool is slightly orange when I've eaten a lot of tomato products, like tomato juice (I drink lots of V8) or tomato sauce on pasta, etc.  Actual blood on the stool often just means hemorrhoids; black stool means bleeding in the upper intestines somewhere.  If it's not black, I think you're most likely just fine.  And even black doesn't always mean something awful -- I freaked myself out once by having really dark stools, and it turned out to be the cocoa in a chocolate cake mix.  Was back to normal the next day.
Bookmark and Share
I meant to write about death, only life came breaking in as usual.  -- Virginia Woolf, Diary, 17 February 1922.

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 09:24:50 PM »
It is most likely nothing, but if it persists, I would call your physician.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: