Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question...  (Read 120 times)

Offline braves0042

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question...
« on: August 29, 2014, 09:37:54 AM »
When doctors run blood tests on you, would they be able to tell if something is seriously wrong? I'm talking like if you were dying or something crazy was going on, would they be able to figure it out through most blood work? I have had numerous blood tests done and been to about 7 doctors, they said that I am not in perfect health but I am okay for the most part, I just feel like I'm deteriorating sometimes and they can't find out what's going on, I fear that I am dying of an illness or something, or at least it feels that way, I haven't had any bloodwork done in over a month and worry that maybe something changed and now I am in certain stages of a horrible illness or something. I have to tell myself that I will be okay, but then I hear many people and doctors say that sick people just tell themselves they will be okay when they know they won't get better or they know they are going to die. I wish I could just feel better about all this but with the way I feel it's hard to convince myself I'm not dying or don't have a horrible illness but my body is telling me that I do and the doctors have misdiagnosed me cause they just don't care to find out, I don't know, so confused and scared at this point.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 10:40:26 AM »
No, blood tests don't reveal whether you have serious illnesses or not. But, why do you have any reason to believe you've got something that's killing you? Seven doctors all telling you the same thing is A LOT of doctors. I'm sure they're basing their opinions on something in addition to blood work. Everyone with HA thinks they're dying, right? That's what HA is- insisting death is imminent despite all evidence to the contrary. Its a disease of overactive imagination and fear and dustrust of giod news. At some point, you have to choose to move on from the story you've written in your head. That point was probably 4 or 5 doctors ago. I know its hard. Have you thought of counseling?
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »
I feel the same as you...I have seen so many doctors, probably 12 in the past two months for various illnesses and have had countless CBCs, probably around 7, and have talked to so many nurses. I've had ultrasounds, pelvic exams, my neck touched by 5 doctors even specific blood tests. Everything is always perfect and say I am in perfect health..yet, I fixate on the thought that they all must be wrong and I must be right. Quite ridiculous actually, when doctors with so many years of experience tell me I'm fine yet I think I know better, when I don't even have the symptoms for half the diseases I worry about.
You need to trust the doctors, Its easier said than done. I wish i could too. There are days when I realize I'm fine and I'm so happy, then a few hours later, I'm Herr again, worrying about the same dumb illnesses.
My doctors have told me that if anything was seriously going wrong , USUALLY (not always as some cancers and diseases do not show up in the blood), something would be off in the bloods to indicate an issue. Its not like they can say yup low iron , you have  ______cancer. But blood tests are a decent indication that you are probably okay. Otherwise they wouldn't even do them.
But pantsy is right, its the doctors word that are more important. If you've seen so many, they come in with an unbiased view. its possible one doctor can be wrong, maybe two, but so many? Basically impossible..
Bookmark and Share

Offline braves0042

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »
Yea I know you are both right, I need to move on from this, I need to take my life back and I need to take small steps in doing so because it will not happen overnight. Sometimes I just question so much because I always feel fatigued, and I always feel like I'm walking around in a mental fog and a dream, I feel dazed out, my body parts feel weird sometimes and unexplainable and that all gives me anxiety. I did have Mono a couple of months ago so my spleen is still enlarged. Mono was really what kick started my health anxiety, But then I think what if the Mono was my immune system just crashing and I'm really suffering from something worse than the after affects of mono. It's really that dangerous "what if" thinking I need to get away from, it's not easy cause I know even us HA'ers can get illnesses as well, but after seeing so many doctors, I have to kind if trust in that. Aside from blood tests I also had an abdomen ultrasound which revealed my spleen still enlarged but that is from mono but that is all that was wrong, doctors did tell me mono takes a whole to get over and that's all they could find wrong with me. I've had some physical exams as well, not really any mris or scans like most, but I will just have to hope that I am okay and have trust in those doctors at this point.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: