Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Coping with HA when working in medical field  (Read 116 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Coping with HA when working in medical field
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:46:26 AM »
Hi,

As most of you probably know as I post so much, I have quite bad HA and am struggling to cope right now. I have done the BT thing and been concerned for months, following a normal brain CT and MRI my fears were alleviated and the headaches subsided. Having stopped my contraceptive pill after 10 years or so, the headaches have returned and I am back to square one but having had the CT and MRI I am assuming there's nothing awful going on, just my body trying to return to normal off birth control.

Next I developed a cardiac issue after having palpitations and chest/arm pain. ECHO was basically normal but mild regurgitation. ECG showed I have bigeminy and trigeminy but a Consultant said both were ok and not to be concered. However, I am waiting a cardiac following up to reassure me.

Anyway, I work for a Cardiology Consultant so day in day out I am typing about heart attacks, palps, sudden death syndrome etc etc and being based in a hospital environment is driving me insane. I enjoy most aspects of my job and the people I work with but I don't know how I can ever get over my HA when all I hear/type about/see is depressing negative news. I don't want to change jobs as I am now a deputy secretary so its a managerial position that I have worked my way up to. I try and see the positive in that patients with real heart problems are treated well and live long lives and people whose lives are saved after cardiac arrest etc but I still can't seem to stop getting upset by it all.

We recently moved near the hospital too so flashing lights and sirens are a regular thing that I am trying to get used to. The whole bedroom lights up at night time with blue flashing lights so we are considering moving to the back bedroom to avoid this!

Can anyone advise? PS I am seeing the GP tonight for advice since stopping my pill on controlling my headaches!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Coping with HA when working in medical field
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:49:53 AM »
Have you considered going to therapy? It looks like you enjoy your job but it can be scary for all of us with HA. Maybe a therapist can show you some techiniques on how to cope so you don't get affected when reading all the horror, depressing stories. Good luck to you!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Tags: