Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety or not? Please help!!!!  (Read 415 times)

Offline Ldigi1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety or not? Please help!!!!
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:26:49 AM »
My boyfriend has been having this problem and we are trying to figure out what is going on. He has been on Klonopin for anxiety and is still feeling horrible and we want some answers because he feels like he can't live a normal life and feels like he is dying everyday and sometimes can't even leave the house because he starts feeling too bad. He has an elevated heart rate a lot, but normal blood pressure. He has a feeling as if he is in a dreamworld like nothing is real and is dizzy and lightheaded often. He has neck pain and the back of his neck feels tight. He has been having stomach problems and hasn't had much of an appetite. Sometimes he feels like he can't get a deep enough breath and feels like his throat is tight or there is something in it.
He has been to the doctor and bloodwork results came back normal, but red blood cell hemoglobin and hemocrit were a couple decimals higher than normal. He has had a stress test,EKG, and echocardiogram and that was normal as well.
Could this all be constant anxiety or is there something more to it? Has anyone had anything similar to this?  Please help us find an answer!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety or not? Please help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:29:15 AM »
Yep, I've had all those problems (minus the back pain).  Its all anxiety related.  The dreamlike feeling is derealization, the not wanting to leave the house is agoraphobia, stomach issues/rapid heartrate/feelings of imminate death are anxiety.   His doctor has ruled out other things.  Its tough to accept all this is just anxiety but it really is.  If he can afford it a therapist can help him to calm down and live a more normal life. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »
I've had all those issues too except neck/back pain.  In my worst periods I feel the same way, that I don't want to leave the house because I feel too bad.   The anxiety, in turn elevates my heart rate.  And then it seems like any little change in my body I start to hyper focus on and worry about.   But it's the dreamworld, dizzy, light headedness that has me frustrated.   

How long has been on Klonopin for?   It's important to know that these drugs are not miracle drugs and a cure all to anxiety.  Also, what works for one person with anxiety might not work with another.   I've been climbing in dosage on Prozac for the past couple of months and it's only been a mild difference in terms of anxiety.  Some aspects have gotten better, others have stayed the same, and some even seem worse.   The only time I ever begin to feel better is when I stop worrying that it's something else and accept that it's anxiety.   Some days are either than others though.   You should encourage your boyfriend to come on these forums and talk with others who have anxiety.  This forum really helped me just by talking with other people who could relate to how I felt. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ldigi1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 04:30:37 PM »
I have some more information that I forgot to add!
His heart rate has been pretty much steadily high. His resting heart rate is about 100-120 and goes up the second he moves. It can go as high as 170. When he drives it is about 120-140.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Zooey1023

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:44:39 PM »
I've defineltly felt all those symptoms and it is just anxiety and it is terrible. !!! My heart rate is usually pretty high I've had a few EKGs done over the past few months and they're all normal and it's the anxiety is what increases it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ldigi1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 07:51:07 PM »
Have all of you felt these symptoms all at one time?
Bookmark and Share

Offline B-Rye

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 10:50:12 PM »
Yes- I have definitely experienced all those symptoms at once.  Is he taking any meds besides Klonopin?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ldigi1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
No, he is only taking Klonopin. Have you experinced a constant fast heart rate even when doing minimal activity such as standing or walking up the stairs?
Bookmark and Share

Offline chook

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 05:31:57 AM »
hey,
I have had all these symptoms too and I would say chances are that it is probably all just anxiety. his heart rate might go up because he is having panic attacks maybe and over thinking about his symptoms, this is something I do a lot.
hope this helps and he starts feeling himself again soon,
Bookmark and Share

Offline B-Rye

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
Do you know if they checked his thyroid when they did the blood work?  Some of these symptoms can occur with over active thyroid states
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 08:51:27 PM »
Can you ask you tell me about his medication he is using?

I understand it is Klonopin - does he use it daily or as needed?  How long has he been using it?  What dosage is he using?

I have used klonopin for years, and at the right dosage, he should not be having Panic attacks, and his anxiety attacks should be less frequent and overall anxiety level should be controlled.

I am assuming he has already gone to the doctor, to rule out any thyroid problems, or other problems that may mimic Panic Attacks or Anxiety, is this correct? 

I had this happen to me back in 1979, so I can relate to his problem.

Again, as mentioned in the above posts,

Have your boyfriend, create an account so he can share his symptoms and how he feels - remember it is all anonymous... :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline redcoat13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »
In my opinion, he should get off the pills. They made my father feel the same way and he couldn't take it anymore, so he got off them and went to therapy and he's better. This is just my opinion of course.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 12:28:52 AM »
I've had ALL of those, and at the same time. Still do!
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 02:06:56 AM »
Never Quit brings up a good point.  Is the Klonopin taken daily, twice a day, or as-needed?
I take Klonopin for Generalized Anxiety.  1 mg at night.  And if needed, .5 during the day.

I've been feeling like my old self with no anxiety for two months.
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 02:19:33 AM »
That is Great News WorldBeat  :action-smiley-065:

Thanks for the update!

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: