Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Quick Question about Lymph Nodes  (Read 243 times)

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Quick Question about Lymph Nodes
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:01:01 AM »
I have a tiny one in my neck that moves around a bunch. I had not touched it in a few days and I felt it today and it is the same size approximately. It got more sore as I touched it. But I felt like it was kind of scratching or hurting the things around it when I pushed deeper into my neck and moved it around. Is this normal??
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
Re: Quick Question about Lymph Nodes
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 10:57:19 AM »
Anyone???
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:34:30 AM »
Ugh well something weird is happening..I checked my nodes for the first time yesterday and it felt the same size so I tried to give up then I kept touching and now last night and this morning, I can't seem to find it anymore. And I've made my neck really sore from touching so if I touch nowz I always get pain and get really look for the node anymore..
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
Scared again... :(
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 02:17:12 PM »
I'm 100% its lymphoma. I only have two palpable ones in my neck and one I'm not suspicious about because its pea size and sore and on the softer side.
The one on the left side is a lot smaller but isn't too sore unless I poke on it and it's not rock hard but soft either. Idk if its even swollen..It moves around a bunch.

My doctors checked me out but I think they missed something...They haven't gotten bigger in the month that I've had it. One of them I've only had for a week or two (Maybe longer, its so small i didnt notice it until I began digging around my neck).

I think its lymphoma and I'm gonna die and they will regret not believing me..how can this not be lymphoma?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »
Don't keep poking at them, they're only bothering you because you keep messing with them.
If the doctor's said you're fine then I'm sure that's the case.
Whenever you feel like poking at them you should sit on your hands or stand up (if you're sitting down)
and walk around, do some jumping jacks. Do anything but poke at your lymph nodes because they're not going to
feel any better if you keep messing with them.

Bookmark and Share

Offline bearandbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 06:02:49 PM »
Marie honey, this is just the anxiety soaring sky high. You'll come down from it soon. I've seen loads of your posts where you're almost hysterical with fear over your lymph nodes, then many others where you can be completely rational & accept that countless doctors & blood tests aren't the ones who are wrong. You're also fantastic at reassuring others!

You don't have lymphoma. You're just hyper aware of your nodes so notice all the little changes & palpable ones that come & go. I had my first lymph node come up since becoming obsessed with lymphoma. I was convinced it would kill me. It didn't. It was fine, & if I hadn't been obsessing over them I wouldn't even have noticed.
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 08:22:35 PM »
Thank you bearandbug..you're probably right.
I'm having a really bad night and even though I'm trying to remind myself why I'm okay, I'm still so anxious and upset..I don't even want to get out if bed anymore
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 08:27:49 PM »
All doctors (5) said I'm OK and they don't think I have lymphoma. I also had 5 blood tests and some that tested specifically for weirs things Idk exactly.
The last doc I saw told me to come back in a few weeks I'd they don't go down. He didn't mention anything about lymphoma but he said at this point its minor but in a few weeks Id they're still there, he can investigate further and thinks it could be an infection.
Is this bad news???>€soes he think its lymphoma??? Would he send me away if he thought it was?
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 10:08:39 PM »
I just can't calm down..I feel like the doctor was hinting something bad.
Every site says lymph nodes swollen for more than a week is a sign of something awful. I don't know what yo do!!! Should I go to more doctors??
Bookmark and Share

Offline bearandbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 07:03:15 AM »
Yep googling swollen lymph nodes is terrifying. I've been there believe me. But you know that it's unbelievably common for lymph nodes to swell for no obvious reason & take ages to go down. Think of all the people on these boards obsessed with this or that node. None of them have had cancer & nor do you. Lymphoma is so common with HA sufferers because nodes are perfect for us obsessives.

When I had a swollen node in my armpit back in may I was so terrified I could barely function for around a fortnight. I also had horrible joint pain & general pain & tenderness all over my body, especially in lymph node areas. I was CONVINCED I had lymphoma or leukemia. When my CBC came back clear the pains all went & the node disappeared maybe a few weeks later. There was no reason it swelled. It just did. My doctor had ordered the CBC in case I had an infection of some kind. But it was clearly just for my peace of mind, as if she'd actually been concerned I would have been sent for scans & testing straight away. Your doctors are just trying to help you relax.

I can't answer whether you should go back or not. Honestly, I don't think you should. But I know how hard that is & that until you get some help with your HA that temptation may just be too much for you, no matter what anybody tells you x
Bookmark and Share

Offline bearandbug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 07:06:52 AM »
Also, because you're visiting so many doctors, you're not getting consistency. Does the last doctor know about your history? Does he know how many blood counts you've had? About your HA?

If not, then more investigation likely means YET another CBC, which you don't need. He'll be doing it as it'll be in his training that that's the next call with swollen nodes, in case you have an infection your body is trying to fight that's keeping them up.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: