Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumor?  (Read 129 times)

Offline Mimimirai

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumor?
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:49:03 PM »
Hello everyone! The last time I had a brain tumor scare was about 2 years ago or more where I had a headache for over a week straight and I was so sure I was going to die! Of course, the headache went away and I wasn't scared anymore, but now I'm having headaches and I don't know how to feel.

I'm a 20 year old female and I know that there are more symptoms to brain tumors than headaches, but im afraid that'll just happen if I "get worse"so I don't want to take any chances. But lately I've been having headaches and it's scared me quite a bit. I know i'm able to imagine things because of my hypochondria, so I never know what's real and what's not!

The headaches are not severe at all. Simple everyday stress headaches it feels like. On my temples but also found in the back of my neck and skull but it's not always a place I can pinpoint. The main reason why these headaches scare me, is because I almost never have headaches (even if they are non severe ones like these) and for the past few weeks, I've had at least one almost every day (well maybe not THAT often I'm not sure). The headaches that I've had do cause me to feel a little nauseas and I take something for them but because they aren't severe I can't tell if I'm imagining them or not. Right now I have a headache, and I get them mostly during the mid to end of the day. I had neck pains just a week ago for about 4 days straight but I'm not sure if that would cause me to have headaches in the following weeks! The headaches usually cause me to feel a little nauseous or dizzy and I get a strange feeling in my body. I believe it's probably because i'm just scared about having a brain tumor and so I've caused those strange feelings myself. Besides the headaches and nausea, I have no other symptoms. 

Is having headaches when you don't normally have them a sign of a brain tumor? Should I just ignore them and hope they go away? How severe are brain tumor headaches and how do they differ from normal headaches? I'm too scared to google these things myself....so please help me if you can!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:18:48 PM »
The fact that you say they get worse during mid day to evening tells me it's a tension headache.  I was informed that brain tumor headaches are worse upon awakening, due to the pressure from laying down all night, and they lessen as the day goes by.  You're doing the opposite. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: headache