Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Inner ear questions.  (Read 108 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Inner ear questions.
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:13:50 PM »
I am so tired of having to worry and explain things cause it's such a long story. I just can't stop worrying that I have some inner ear disease that is gonna ruin my life even more. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have anxiety. Here is my story one more time.

February of this year, I got out of the shower and the floor felt like it was moving underneath me. My vision was jumpy but this did not happen often. Only in my bathroom which is pretty small. Anywhere else it didn't do it. I could sit up on my bed and was ok but if I looked down, my head felt bouncy. Not the floor. If I sat on hard surfaces such as bathtub, toilet, or floor I felt the moving feeling more. Sitting in chair, no, bed, no. Nothing was spinning. I wasn't losing my balance. I did not get vertigo laying in my bed or looking up. If I bent over, leaned over, I felt like I was swaying but I really wasn't actually swaying.  My fear was inner ear disease then so I stressed myself out for months thinking how the heck can I live not feeling normal on my feet. And of course that fear turned into brain tumor fear quickly after googling.

I saw an ent in may after my primary doctor referred me to one. And she said since I had some sinus symptoms she would go with sinuses and she put me on 6 day course of predisone and augmentin. After a few days, the floor moving feeling was gone. I was relieved. But still nervous walking cause I was just waiting for it to come and always super nervous in the bathroom. And i may have felt it a few times but it was more when I bent my head down but it was not every time like before the meds. And my scan did show sinus infection. Even after I was done with the meds. So I'm wondering if it was my anxiety making this sensation come around now and then or the residual of infection. I know allergies can cause it too. And my hearing checked out fine. My ent did not seem concerned at all about the inner ears when I told her I was worried if it was that. She said sinuses cause ear problems due to inflammation pressure on the ears. 

It really was a huge anxiety trigger for me. Even after i did feel normal on my feet I was still nervous walking which is why I just decided to stay in bed. Now after two months of bed ridden on my back I'm sitting up and feel awful. The feeling I have sitting up is a floaty head but if I close my eyes it's a lot better. Every doctor I have asked says my blood pressure drops and this is normal and will pass. And it doesn't sound like inner ear.

If by some sad chance I do have inner ear disease, I do not think it's Mav nor mineires. And I'm not sure about bbvp so I'm wondering if this is Labyrinthits?  Everything I have googled says that it causes severe vertigo spinning and other symptoms and I've had none.

I have read it's hard to live with these diseases. And to know my life will be bouncing if I tilt my head down makes me upset cause I put a lot of hard work into my photography business and knowing this will affect my job I can't bare. I'm depressed thinking about this.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
Re: Inner ear questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »
I got an inner ear infection back in 2005 that came with vertigo. The clinic prescribed antibiotics and had me take meclizine for the dizziness (and nausea that came with it) and Claritin for allergies. The big infection cleared up in a few days, but I wound up with small bouts of vertigo whenever my allergies would flare up or occasionally when I would bend my head the wrong way.

I thought the same thing about ear disease until about a year and a half ago when I went into my ENT for throat issues. He diagnosed me with LPR and gave me Prilosec for that and mupirocin to clear up chronic staph in my nose. After about 4 months on the Prilosec and two courses of mupirocin, my ear issues stopped completely. I haven't had a single problem since then.

I share the whole story because a lot of issues can cause ear problems - allergies, infections, acid reflux - and a lot of them don't have anything to do with bigger diseases. Good luck on sorting out the problem!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Inner ear questions.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I've heard awful stories about how inner ear infections mess up people's lives. I've not had any nausea. Maybe that's cause I've had no sensation of spinning. And hope I don't. Not the kind I hear people talking about anyway. I'm hoping that it was my sinuses all along. Trying not to stress cause I know it will not help my anxiety and make me have more symptoms.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: